Tampere is the most populous inland city in all of the Nordic countries and it is located in Pirkanmaa in the southern parts of Finland. It is also the second biggest city and it comprises an individual municipality in the country.
If you are planning to move to Tampere, regardless of the reasons for this, it might be wise to get your vehicle with you. However, one of the most important things that you should consider doing is hiring a reputable shipping agent with a lot of experience with shipping vehicles in Finland as there are a lot of regulations and procedures to be carried out. The A1 Auto Transport service is a shipping agency with plenty of experience and they are more than capable of ensuring a hassle-free and smooth transport process to any destination in Finland.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
When discussing the procedure with the shipping agent, the first thing you’d have to agree on is the shipping method. These include:
- Roll-on/Roll-Off: This would mean that your car is driven on a shipping deck on its own wheels and it is driven off once it arrives.
- Container shipping: Your car is going to be safely stored within a container ranging between 20ft and 40 ft, depending on your personal preference. You can also ship other items and this is one of the main reasons for which it’s more expensive.
Make sure that the RORO method is actually accepted by the port you’ve chosen in Finland. You are also going to decide whether or not you want to get the door-to-door service or the door-to-port one from the A1 Auto Transport.
- You are going to have to submit Bill of Lading and Title Deed. If there is a lien you’d need a written authorization by the lien holder.
- Driver’s License.
- Extra set of keys.
- No valuable items or other belongings in the car.
- Winterization carried out if shipping in this period.
- S Insurance certificate.
Taxes and exemptions.
There are some situations in which you are going to be allowed to import the car to Tampere without being subjected to taxes by the Customs Department of Finland. This is not specifically designated for diplomats or VIPs – you can import a tax-free vehicle if you intend to use it at least for six months. There is, however, a monitory value on the vehicle and if you exceed it you have to pay taxes. The vehicle has to comply by the emission standards set forth by the European legislation and you’d have to spend some additional money to get clearance from the Finish customs.
As you can see for yourself, there are quite a lot of things that have to be handled if you want to ensure a safe and sound transport process. This is why it’s highly advisable that you hire a professional shipping agency like the A1 Auto Transport. You can also contact the Finnish Embassy in USA if you want to obtain any further information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?