The biggest city in Western Ghana, Takoradi is the industrial and business center of the region and is highly populated.
As a major port in the area, the proximity to smaller mining cities has made it one of the major economic centers. If you are moving here, it is advised that you bring your personal vehicle along as public transport isn’t reliable.
When you prepare for importing a vehicle, many factors are considered in advance including the closest American ports you want to ship your vehicle from and the city that you are located in. You also have the convenience of driving your vehicle to port or having someone come to pick it up for you. If you choose to have someone pick up your vehicle for you, this cost will then be added to your bill for shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements for Shipping.
- You will need to show documentation to the United States Customs and Border Protection Agency that clearly states that you own the vehicle, such as a bill of sale.
- You will need to provide the title to the vehicle and there should be no liens on the vehicle as this is the only way you can export out of the country.
- You need to make copies of your driver’s license, proof of insurance, passport, and vehicle registration.
- The vehicle will need to be operational so it can be driven on and off the ship during export. It will also need to be able to meet standards of emission levels.
- Be willing to pay tax in order to clear customs once the vehicle reaches the ports in Ghana
- There are many factors that will play a role in the transition time of your vehicle. It’s important that you select an international carrier so you can receive an estimated arrival and departure time.
You will need to provide important information such as the make and model of your vehicle in order to ship your vehicle. This information is most certainly needed if you are shipping to Takoradi in Ghana. With this information, the vehicles specifications dimensions will be used to determine how much space it will need on the ship. When shipping a vehicle to Ghana, customs officials will ban any vehicle that is more than ten years old to be shipped into the country.
If your vehicle is an older model, antique, or if the value of the vehicle is high, the vehicle may need more protection with additional auto insurance. The shipping carriers normally have a certain amount of vehicle coverage already, but you may feel better knowing that you have even more coverage.
Shipping your Vehicle.
You will also need to determine what shipping method works better for you. You may choose the Roll On – Roll Off method or the shipping container method. If you choose the Roll On – Roll Off method, or RORO, you will only be charged for the space that your vehicle takes up on the ship. While it is more affordable, your vehicle will be exposed to the elements of weather while shipping out.
If you choose to ship using a container, there are two sizes to choose from. The twenty foot container is large but you may need the forty foot container instead. The benefit of the container is that your personal belongings can be shipped with your vehicle. Your container will be filled up with your vehicle and your belongings. When the ship is ready to set sail, it will then pick up your container and lift it onto the ship using a crane. When it reaches the new port, it will then be lifted off the ship and into the shipyard where you can claim it.
When preparing your vehicle for the Roll On – Roll Off shipping method, it’s important that no personal belongings be allowed into your vehicle. Your vehicle can only have up to one-fourth tank of gas in the gas tank when shipped.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?