Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Tacna
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Tacna is located in the southern part of Peru and is the regional capital of the Tacna Region. This city is very commercially active and is located approximately twenty-two miles north of the Arica Y Parinacota border from Chile.
It is also inland from the Pacific Ocean as well as the Valley of the Caplina River. Tanca is the tenth largest city in Peru and is known as the cultural hub of the province.
With plenty of reasons to move to Peru, if you intend living in Tacna, you will also need a vehicle to get around. Bringing your vehicle over from U.S will be the answer to that problem as buying a vehicle here might be a more expensive option. You can hire a reputable company such as A1 Auto Transport to assist you in shipping your vehicle overseas.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You will need to know there are restrictions that Peru has on vehicle importing. No vehicles are allowed into the country if they are more than five years old when imported or have over fifty-thousand miles on it. New vehicle imports are charged 10% duty and approximately 30% tax and even more for used vehicles. Taxes have been levied using the calculated value of the car import, the freight, and the insurance cost. This is known as CIF. One of the more important documents that you can have in preparing for your transport is the UCD or Unique Customs Declaration. It is required by the Peruvian Custom Department. If you want to see if you qualify for it, have the following available:
- Lading Bill.
- Policy of Insurance.
- VIN Number of the vehicle.
- Model number.
- Commercial invoice.
- Vehicle registration details.
Requirements for Shipping your Vehicle to Peru.
A vehicle should not show damage and must not have been in a car accident, only right-hand-drive vehicles are allowed to be imported, and your vehicle must pass emission tests before it can be shipped out from the port in the United States.
- You must allow at least seventy-two hours prior to your intended date to ship. You can contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection to start the process.
- Personal identity will need to be established and linked to your vehicle. This is done by validating your driver’s license.
- Proof of ownership is very important in this process. You will need to bring with you the original title and bill of sale of your vehicle. If you have a lien against the vehicle you want to import, you will need to obtain approval from the lien holder beforehand.
- You must have documentation of your vehicle’s manufacture date, make, and the model of your vehicle as well as the VIN number.
You can’t drive from the United States to Peru so importing through freight ships is the only way. At A1 Auto Transport, we can assist you with the proper way to prepare your vehicle for transporting to Peru and to fill out the correct paperwork. With us, you will be directed on how to prepare your vehicle by steam cleaning the inside of the vehicle as well as the outside in order to avoid quarantine. You will also need to remove all the air conditioning gas inside your vehicle’s unit and to only include the extra tire, spare keys, and just a quarter tank of gas.
You will also need to determine what shipping method you want to use as there are two common methods to choose from. Although air sipping is another method but it is too expensive.
Roll On/Roll Off shipping, also called RORO method is the most commonly chosen method of shipping mostly because it is the cheapest way to ship. Your vehicle will need to be empty during transport so only the car jack, the floor mats, and the spare tire will be allowed inside the vehicle.
Container shipping is another way to ship your vehicle and any personal or household items you may want to transport too. This method of shipping is a great way to provide protection to your vehicle. Sharing the container is also an option if you have the additional room and having trouble affording this method of shipping.