The 3rd largest city in Azerbaijan, Sumqayit is situated 19 miles from Baku, close to the Caspian Sea. There may be plenty of reasons to move to Azerbaijan and in case you intend staying here on a long term basis, it is an asset to have your own vehicle imported. You have to deal with plenty of documents, taxes, and procedures that have to be completed.
With over two decades of experience in transporting vehicles all over the world, including Azerbaijan, we have an extensive network of shipping agents in most all countries to assist with the local requirements. Thus, our services include door to port and terminal to terminal at an extra cost but it offers you the reliability of professional assistance. Give us a call today and let us discuss your requirements.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Azerbaijan vehicle shipment needs.
There are country-specific eligibility requirements that have to be completed for a faster delivery and hassle-free transportation. These are:
- Only one car per family is allowed.
- You are only allowed to import your vehicle on a temporary permit for two years.
- Temporary use of vehicles are exempted from VAT.
- It is essential to remove the tint from the windows before shipping it.
- Vehicle title deed is essential.
- Bill of purchase of the vehicle and the third party insurance is required.
- Only after all VAT and taxes are cleared that you are allowed to sell your vehicle.
Another important requirement is having the correct documentation. You are required to notify the U. S customs about your intent to ship out the vehicle and at the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan, you have to submit:
- Driver’s license and passport.
- Social security number.
- Proof of identity of the owner.
- Third party insurance policy.
You need to be aware of the fact that motorcycles and cars that are imported temporarily are not required to pay duty but only a bond fee suffices. This varies from 0.18% to 0.30% of the vehicle’s value as calculated by the Azerbaijan Customs. Those vehicles that are imported on a permanent basis have to pay custom fee and 18% VAT apart from the standard road tax.
The cost of the shipment is added to the total cost of the invoice. That is why it is important that you select from RORO and Container shipping as they are the most frequently used methods by sea-faring vessels. You need to remove the personal items and air conditioning gas apart from cleaning the vehicle completely.
You need to ensure that your budget and other requirements are considered before you pick the right method for shipping. RORO is cheaper than Container shipping but it offers higher security. You can call us to know more about the different methods and we can assist you with a free quote for a breakdown of the prices.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory