Sucre is the capital of the Chuquisaca district in Bolivia and is the sixth densely populated city in the country. If you want to relocate to Sucre, you will need to keep in mind that the roads are in great condition so traveling is going to be easily done throughout.
You also have access to public transportation but it might be costly to use it all the time. A better option will be to import your vehicle from USA to Bolivia and have the freedom to travel when you want. It isn’t easy to complete the whole process on your own and that is why it makes sense to hire the services of an experienced auto shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport. We have over 20 years of expertise in shipping vehicles globally and that is why we can assist you with this move.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Starting the process of importing from U.S.
Before you begin to fill out the paperwork, you will need to contact the Embassy of Bolivia to find out the latest rules and regulations and to see what you must have to do so. There are rules and regulations that must be followed in order to import. Some rules and regulations that will be discussed include:
- Taxes and duties that will need to be paid.
- You must be present when your vehicle arrives at the port.
- There will be inspections on any vehicle over $12,000.
- Only left-handed vehicles are allowed.
- You will need to the following documents.
- Certificate of origin.
- Vehicle title.
- Vehicle registration.
- Driver’s license.
- Resident visa.
- Details of your vehicle – make, model, and year.
- Verifying certification.
- Insurance policy.
You will need to be at the port on the day your vehicle will arrive. You will need transportation arranged ahead of time so you will not miss this day.
If you are returning to Bolivia then you will need to know what requirements you have on importing. You will need to have lived abroad for a minimum of two years in order to be excused from paying duties. This tax relief is available from Bolivian Customs Authority one per family. If you haven’t visited Bolivia for a period of ninety days during the two years or more you were living abroad, then you will need to follow these requirements:
- Residence Certificate – you can get this from the Bolivian Consulate at U.S
- Detailed inventory with values of all the items – it must be approved by the Bolivian Consulate at origin.
- Work certificate or a contract – this will need to provide proof that you were employed for two years outside of Bolivia.
Your vehicle cannot be more than three years when importing and motorcycles can’t be over 100cc. All vehicles will also be subject to duties and taxes that are up to 51% over their CIF value.
Shipping Methods to Bolivia.
There are three shipping methods available. The one you choose will depend on your needs and what you plan to ship over. Air shipping is the most expensive way to ship a vehicle but it is also the quickest. Another is Roll On/Roll Off shipping or RORO. This method is the most affordable shipping option. You can cut cost when using this method. Your vehicle will need to be completely cleaned out and only a spare tire, a car jack, and floor mats are allowed. Your vehicle will be driven on and then rolled off. The mid-priced option is container shipping. This shipping method will allow you to ship your belongings with your vehicle. This big container comes in two sizes 20 foot or 40 foot. You can cut the cost of these containers by sharing it with someone.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory