Located in the parish of St. Catherine, in Middlesex County, you will find the largest town, Spanish Town. If you want to move to the area of Mandeville or plan to be there for a while for work or for personal reasons, you may want to import your vehicle so you can travel when you want to.
You can ship your vehicle from the United States to a port of Kingston, the largest port in Jamaica.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation Needed for Importing your Vehicles.
Following the rules and regulations of the Jamaican Customs department, you will need to have these documents available:
- Import license.
- Tax compliance certificate.
- Owner’s passport.
- Vehicle title.
- Bill of vehicle purchase.
You can keep the vehicle import process moving on schedule when you follow all procedures including providing the right documentation, paying all taxes, and knowing the rules and regulations. You will need to expect to pay 67% value tax on import duty. If you hire a company like A1 Auto Transport Service, they can negotiate the price for you and oversee the entire import process so everything is on track. If you own a luxury vehicle, you can plan to pay more money.
You will need to follow the rules and regulations of importing to Jamaica in order to avoid any delays.
- Your vehicle can only be imported if it’s four years old or less.
- If you are returning to Jamaica after living abroad for over three years, you will be able to import up to two vehicles.
- You can use your driver’s license issued from the U.S while driving in Mandeville for up to twelve months of your vehicle being imported. You will then need to get a Jamaican license.
- Your insurance policy needs to cover your vehicle while in Jamaica. Call and get this processed before your import date
- You cannot sell your vehicle for at least twelve months after you have imported it to Jamaica. If it was damaged during or after you had it shipped, you cannot sell it for three years.
A1 Auto Transport Service will be able to help you with any questions or procedures you may not understand about importing. Additionally, you can contact the Jamaican Consulate in U.S to get further updates on the current laws. Of the two methods of shipment, the most popular way is RORO or Roll-on/Roll-Off which allows your vehicle to be driven on board the ship and then driven off in Jamaica. The other method is container shipment where your personal items and vehicle is sealed within 20 feet or 40 feet containers. However, you can only send an empty vehicle which does not contain any air conditioning gas. Additionally, it has to be steam cleaned before the shipment.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?