Ship Car To Soyo
Located in the province of Zaire in Angola, the city of Soyo sits at the mouth of the river Congo. It has recently managed to become by far the biggest oil-production city in Angola. If you are going to relocate here, and intend staying for a couple of months or a few years, it makes a lot of sense to import your vehicle from USA.
There are two main ports of Lobito and Luanda that accept international cargo all through the year. Angola and USA are in good trade relations but it is best to have your documents prepared in order be sure that everything that’s going to go through as planned.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Angola is amongst the countries which require a pre-shipment inspection to be carried out on used cars in order to get a Certificate of Inspection by Bureau Veritas. This is why you need to get this done in the USA. If you work with the A1 Auto Transport Service, we are going to make sure that all of the formalities of the court are properly taken care of and that you can relocate to Angola free of hassle. We have over 20 years’ worth of shopping experience and we know how to help you out. Other documentation as well as formalities to be considered includes:
- Proof of ownership – driving license or passport.
- Details of the car – chassis and engine number, VIN number, manufacturing year.
- Shipping conditions.
- PIP number.
- Cartao de Contribuinte copies.
- Bill of Lading.
- Purchase invoice.
- Importer’s taxation number.
Furthermore, you would also need all of the documents at the US and the Angola port as well. You should also get clearance by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. The requirements for this are as follows:
- Notifying the S customs for your intent to ship and pay the necessary fees.
- Pay the fees for port handling.
- You should ship the vehicle separately from your household goods.
- Cars over 3 years old can be imported except for diplomatic purposes.
You need an import license for importing company cars. For privately used vehicles you can take a look at the following requirements.
- Temporary import requires that the car can stay in the country for no more than 2 years with a one year extension and 40%-45% CIF Value bond deposit has to be paid.
- For the permanent import, you have to pay a tax at the same rate. However, for Gasoline Engine VAT percentage is:
- Up to 1500 cc – 10 percent.
- From 1500 up to 3000 cc – 20 percent.
- More than 3000 cc – 30 percent.
But for vehicles with diesel engine 1500cc up to 2500 cc, it is 20% and over that capacity, it is 30%. Now, diplomatic shipments are not subjected to the PSI because they are cleared with a separate declaration. Customs clearance should start to take place as soon as the vehicle arrives at the port and the late clearance is going to be charged with 5% based on the car’s CIF value. Clearance on diplomatic vehicles should begin as soon as the franchise is received and it should be completed within 2 weeks.
You should also get a total written quote for the shipment and in order to do so, you have to talk with your shipping agent. Apart from that, you’d also have to pick up the most appropriate shipping method. You can choose between the standard Roll-on/Roll-Off shipping and container shipping. A1 Auto Transport also provides door-to-port services which are particularly convenient.