Bordering the mining belt of Johannesburg, the township of Soweto used to be a separate municipality. However, it is now incorporated into the Metropolitan Municipality of Johannesburg.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
South Africa’s Import Regulations.
Be informed that you will have to adhere to strict import regulations imposed by the customs of the country. This is why it’s advisable to hire a shipping agency such as the A1 Auto Transport which is experienced enough to know the details of the task. You will have to prepare a wide range of documents which includes:
- Driver’s License.
- Title deed of the vehicle.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Power of Attorney, if you aren’t there to pick your vehicle up.
- Social Security Number.
The A1 Auto is going to ensure a hassle-free transportation process. We are going to consult you on the different shipping methods, on the paperwork that you will need to prepare and the entire process as a whole. We will also inform you if you would be able to ship other items with you, based on your selection of shipping method. We could also pick your car up and deliver it to your location in Soweto, but this would be of an additional cost. In any case, if you want to acquire any further information, you should consider contacting the U.S. Customs.
Regulations Related to Your Vehicle.
Your car has to adhere to specific legal regulation, if it is to be transported to Soweto. They include:
- It has to be right-handed.
- Only one car is allowed per individual or a family.
- Returning citizens are also subjected to taxes.
- Immigrants can’t sell their cars for at least 2 years.
- Temporary residents are also subjected to full taxes.
- Diplomats are exempt from taxation but they have to present a diplomacy certification.
- You’d have to obtain an Import Permit from the Embassy of South Africa prior to the entire process.
On top of all that you would also have to prepare the following documents which are required by the South African authorities upon arrival:
- Import permit.
- Bill of sale.
- Temporary License.
- Original Registration.
- 160 and 304A forms in three separate copies.
For further information contact the South African Embassy in Washington, DC.
Port Elizabeth is the main port of the country and you’d have several options when it comes to shipping methods. If you wish to transport other personal belongings, you have to go for container shipping. In any case, it would be wise to get an estimate quote so that you are prepared upon arrival. The following methods are available if you want to ship your car to Port Elizabeth:
- Ro/Ro (Roll on/Roll off) – it would require you to drive your vehicle on a shipping deck on its own wheels. The car is going to be secured on it and transported as it is. Once it arrives, it’s going to be driven off the deck. You won’t be allowed to ship anything else but your car. This is the cheapest way to ship your vehicle.
- Container Shipping – this method would allow you to transport other personal belongings and this is why it’s more expensive. However, you get more value off of it if you have more stuff to ship.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory