Sittwe is the capital of Rakhine State. It is located on the estuarial island and is created at the confluence of the Mayu, Kaladan, and the Lay Mr Rivers which empties into the Bay of Bengal.
A scenic and bustling city, it has emerged as a hub of economic and commercial activities in recent years.
If you want to move to Sittwe on a permanent basis, you will want to bring your own personal vehicle with you from the United States. Sittwe is the main trade center as well as a seaport so importing is not difficult but there is only one port that accepts imported vehicles. There is also a limit to how many vehicles can be imported into the country and to purchase a new vehicle in the country is very high. Importing is certainly the wiser choice between the two.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing a Personal Vehicle.
If you want an estimate of how much it will cost to ship your vehicle to Burma, or Myanmar which is also what people call it, it can be done with a minimum amount of $2,700, however, there are a few factors to consider which can raise the price up to approximately $5,800.
When importing your vehicle from the United States to Burma, you will need to pay your taxes and duties which run quite high. If you are diplomats then you will be exempt from any taxes. Taxes can be as high as 300% of the vehicle’s value. You will need to make sure that you are following the rules and regulations, some of which includes:
- Only bring over the left handed steering vehicles.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Bring your passport.
- Show proof of purchase of the vehicle.
- A valid insurance card.
- The receipts of all duties and customs you may have already paid.
- Show residence permit.
- The owner of the vehicle will need to be present to pick it up.
If you are not able to pick up your vehicle, A1 Auto Transport Service can assume Power of Attorney and claim the vehicle for you. You can make this official by contacting the Burma Customs Authority which is located in Sittwe prior to your vehicle’s scheduled import. You don’t way delays due to incomplete paperwork so it’s very important that you have everything together and ready when you begin.
When shipping a vehicle, you will need to choose the right shipping method based on your needs. Sittwe is a port that has no land transportation available and it is also landlocked.
The Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping is the most popular way to ship your vehicle. You will only be able to leave the floor mats, the car jack, and the. Spare tire in the vehicle. Your vehicle can be driven onto the deck of the ship and strapped down until it reaches the destination. It will then be driven off and customs will assume charge of it to clear it.
Container shipping will be the best choice if you have a luxury vehicle or a classic. You can choose from a 20 foot or 40 foot container. The vehicle will be placed inside the container and you will have the option to fill up the container with personal and household items to bring with you. If the cost is too expensive, you can always share it with someone. Pay the customs, taxes, and bring your documents with you as you start the process. If you need more information, you can contact the Embassy of Myanmar.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory