Situated in eastern Swaziland, Siteki is large city which is about 125 km away from Mbabane. The beautiful city lies west of the panoramic Lebombo Mountains. Regardless of the reason you are moving to Siteki, it might be of an advantage if you import your vehicle as part of the household goods or just import it separately as there is limited availability of automobiles for sale in Siteki.
Your vehicle cannot be shipped to Swaziland directly as the country is landlocked. Thus, it will have to off-load at the Port of Maputo and later land transported to Siteki. Due to the presence of bonded warehouses for transit vehicles, you won’t need to pay any import duties at the host country but will only need to pay the requisite taxes and import duties at the Swaziland Revenue Authority. It helps to work with an experienced shipping service such as A1 Auto Transport service that has shipped hundreds of vehicles to Swaziland and other countries in Africa.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Import related documentation.
Most of the custom regulations require that the relevant documents be presented before the vehicle leaves or enters the port in the respective countries. Similarly the U.S and Swaziland Customs Departments require these documentations to be submitted at least 3-4 days before the vehicle is shipped out or enters the border. You have to present:
- Bill of Sale.
- Lien-free clear title deed.
- Insurance and registration documents.
- DA 304S Form.
- Work permit for expatriates.
- Certificate of tax clearance.
- Ocean Bill of Lading.
It is important to know that vehicles over 15 years are not allowed to be imported to Swaziland. And you are only allowed to bring in right hand drive vehicles. The tax on imported vehicles ranges from 0% to about 40% of the value of the vehicle and the shipping costs. The standard VAT on the vehicles is approximately 14% which you have to pay to get the clearances.
New residents and returning citizens qualify for tax rebates on the vehicle imports. However, they need to comply with the following requirements:
- Single vehicle import for the whole family.
- Imported vehicle can be used only for personal use.
- Owner has to own the vehicle for at least 1 year.
- Residents citizens qualify that intend to stay permanently in Swaziland.
- Import permit has to be obtained before shipping the vehicle.
Now that you are clear about the requisites for vehicle import, you need to decide on the method of freight shipping options. It is important to think about your budget and requirements before you select the method as prices vary.
Roll-on, Roll-Off (RORO) is the cheapest method of freight shipping using ocean bound cargo ships that transport vehicles from USA to Swaziland. The vehicle is driven on board the ship using its own set of wheels and that is why it is important that the vehicle is in a working condition. While container shipping is good if you have household goods or other personal items that you need shipped to Siteki in Swaziland for your stay because the large containers of 20 feet or 40 feet can easily accommodate your vehicle and other gods that need to be shipped. However, ensure that you don’t ship anything that is on the illegal list or prohibited list of Swaziland.
Talk with your shipping company about additional information on import of vehicles or contact the Embassy of Swaziland to get further updates.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory