Sisak is one of the cities in central Croatia which has a confluence of the Odra, Sava and Kupa rivers. It is the acting administrative center of the Sisak- Moslavina County and it’s the biggest river port as well as the center of the current shipping industry of the country.
If you plan on relocating to this beautiful and at the same time bustling city from the USA, you will greatly benefit from having your own vehicle with you. The cost of purchasing a new one is definitely going to be considerably higher than importing your own from the USA. Nevertheless, the expertise and assistance of the A1 Auto Transport are going to help you considerably throughout the entire process as we have over two decades of shipping experience.
With quite a lot of sea ports available in the country, including Bakar, Split, and Dubrovnik, you would have the chance of choosing between Container shipping and Roll-on/Roll-off. The transit time is far less as there are weekly freight ships which depart from the USA to Croatia. There is about 8% duty on the imported non-EU cars and also taxes and customs levies. If you intend on staying the city for more than 3 months, you would have to get the car registered in the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You would need to provide quite a few documents in order to get the entire process to be verified as well as legal. You would have to submit those both to the customs in Croatia and in USA. Some of the documents include:
- Submission of E25 Certificate Homologation form.
- Bill of lading.
- Sales contract which is notary authorized.
- Purchase invoice and title deed.
The homologation process is rather characteristic. You would need to ensure that your US made vehicle abides by all the regulations of the EU regarding the environment. With this in mind, if it turns out that your vehicle doesn’t adhere to them, you would have to get it modified. Unfortunately, you can’t do this in Sisak and you would have to do it in the USA or in Germany or Spain and then get the vehicle transported to Sisak.
There are two possible shipping options – Roll-on/Roll-off which would require you to drive the vehicle on a shipping deck on the freight carrier. It is then strapped securely and transported as is to the destination port. The other option is container shipping. It’s more expensive and slower but that’s due to the fact that you are going to be able to choose between a 20ft or 40ft container and ship as many personal belongings with it as you want. It is very important that you get your vehicle cleaned in order to prevent any unwanted delays because of quarantines.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?