Simunye is located about 30 kilometers from the international border with South Africa and about 20 kilometers from the border with Mozambique. It lies in the western region of Lubombo Mountains. In any case, if you intend on moving there temporarily or permanently, having your own vehicle is going to be greatly beneficial because of the freedom of traveling that you are going have.The costs are considerably low and there is a limited availability of U.S made vehicles in the country so importing shouldn’t be too difficult. There are no ports in the country so you have to import your car through the ports of Mozambique or of South Africa and get it transported to Simunye by land.
The costs are considerably low and there is a limited availability of U.S made vehicles in the country so importing shouldn’t be too difficult. There are no ports in the country so you have to import your car through the ports of Mozambique or of South Africa and get it transported to Simunye by land.
Once your vehicle gets to the Mozambique port, the vehicle will be housed in a bonded warehouse until transportation to Swaziland is available. This is going to help you avoid paying import taxes and transit fees in the host country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Submit Important Documentation.
Prior to preparing your car for the transit from the US port, you need to submit some documents to get the vehicle cleared by the U.S Customs. They include:
- Ownership documents.
- Bill of Lading.
- Purchase Bill.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Passport or ID of the Owner.
Once the vehicle arrives in Swaziland, you would have to provide the Swaziland Revenue Authority with the following documents:
- Original Customs Export Bill.
- Certificate for export.
- Registration Policy.
- Original title Deed.
- Port Charges receipts.
- Invoice of Vehicle Purchase.
Furthermore, there is a 14% VAT which is payable. You have to show proof that you’ve owned the vehicle for at least 12 months prior to the shipping. You can only import one vehicle for your personal use. The documents that you will need to submit are:
- Work permit.
- Purchase Invoice with chassis and engine numbers.
- Receipt of the levies and taxes paid.
Prior to Shipping.
There are considerations for you to account for prior to the shipping itself, especially if you go for the RORO shipping method. If you do, you would have to make sure that your vehicle is prepared for the shipping and you will have to:
- Keep only a quarter of a gas tank full.
- Get Transit insurance certificate.
- Steam clean the vehicle.
- Get rid of all personal items.
- Get a list of the damages to the car and get it signed by your agent.
At A1 Auto Transport service, we understand all of the requirements as we have over two decades of professional transporting experience. You can choose between RORO and Container shipping and we offer free quotes for both of these. It is important to consider your specific requirements and budget before opting for the shipping method. If you only need to ship your vehicle, Roll-on/Roll-off works well but if you have an expensive vehicle or need to move personal goods along with the car, container shipping is better.
Furthermore, you can contact the Embassy of Swaziland in Washington, DC, if you need any more information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?