The city of Sillamae is known as Sillamaggi or Sillamagi which means ‘Bridge Hill’ in Estonian. Located in Ida Viru County in north Estonia, Sillamae is situated close to the scenic Gulf of Finland coast at the mouth of Sotke River. Sillamae offers lots of employment opportunities as the country grows in popularity in both work and education.If you want to come to Sillamae for an opportunity, you may want to bring your own vehicle with you when you do. Public transportation is good, but it’s not something you want to rely on long term.
If you want to come to Sillamae for an opportunity, you may want to bring your own vehicle with you when you do. Public transportation is good, but it’s not something you want to rely on long term.
The United States and Estonia has a strong trading relationship and importing a vehicle is not going to be as challenging as it is to import to some other countries. A1 Auto Transport can provide the assistance you need to import your vehicle without the hassle or delays.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle Import Regulations and documentation.
We will send in the Letter of Intent for exporting the vehicle to Sillamae at least 4 days before the shipment. Along with that the United States Customs needs to have the following documents in order to process your application:
- Bill of Lading.
- Proof of ownership.
- Proof on an invoice.
- A copy of your driver’s license.
- A copy of your passport.
- The title of the vehicle that is free of liens.
- Homologation Certificate.
- Emission control certificate.
- Proof of insurance.
You will need to submit these documents and the following documentation to the Estonian Customs Department:
- Modification defined by the standards of EU.
- Customs declaration at the border.
- Inspection of the chassis and emissions.
- List of previous damage noted to your vehicle.
You will be responsible for paying any custom taxes and host duties upon arriving in Estonia. You will also need to pay to have your vehicle registered within the first week of receiving your import. You will need to register with the Road Administration of Estonia once it has been cleared from Customs. Here are some important things to consider when importing to Estonia:
- Expect the resident ID cards, or Estonian ID Cards to take 20-40 days before you receive it
- Our shipping agents will assist you in obtaining a list of documents you will need before your shipment is scheduled
- You will need to obtain a Customs Certificate along with Customs Declaration for the valid registration with Estonian Motor Vehicle Registration Center.
- The VAT, or value-added tax, will need to be paid
Shipping Methods for Sillamae.
When you ship your vehicle to Estonia, you need to determine what type of shipping method you will use. There are two to choose from; Roll On/ Roll Off or container shipping.
Roll On/ Roll Off shipping is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle. With this method, your vehicle is driven onto the deck of a ship where it is fastened down so it won’t move. Once the ship reaches the Estonian port, it is driven off the deck and turned over to customs. There can be nothing inside the vehicle.
Container shipping is the most used method of shipping when you want to send your household items over with your vehicle. Your car will fit into a container that is 20 or 40 foot in size and then sealed up for shipment. You can reduce the cost by sharing the container with someone.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?