Siauliai is the fourth largest city in Lithuania and is the capital of the Northern Lithuania. If you are moving here for work or for study, it might help to have your own vehicle here. Public transportation is limited and language barriers can pose to be an obstacle.
There is nothing that could be compared to driving around in your own vehicle, despite of the fact how developed the public transport can be. If you are considering doing so in Siauliai, should consider some requirements set forth by the Lithuania Custom Department
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Pay Attention to Weather Patterns.
You have to pay the relevant fees and to take care of the paperwork and documents which are required. You’d also have to consider the climate conditions and Siauliai is a city which enjoys a regular maritime weather with cool summers and abundance of rains. Winters are incredibly cold and you can expect a lot of cloudy skies and rainy days. This is why you’d have to consider shipping your car at a season which is going to be predisposing for the process.
There is an increase in the overall presence of imported goods and in the tourism which has led to a steady increase in the economy of the country. This is what makes it advantageous to work there. There are some documents required for import that are to be submitted to the government, when importing your car:
- Registration from the original country.
- Proof of ownership and title.
- Permit of residence and passport.
- Purchase invoice.
The official page of the Customs in Lithuania is going to provide you with all the necessary information regarding the process. Those of you who are not exactly sure about the eligibility of their vehicle it’s recommended to take a look at the Title 19 of US Federal Regulations Code. You’d also need to take care of some procedures when your vehicle arrives in Lithuania:
- You have to pay the required duties and taxes.
- You also have to do necessary vehicle modifications if that’s required.
- You have to apply for identification and registration plate from the local government.
You also have to be present in order to pick up your vehicle. You can, however, authorize a third-party to do so. There are also two different transportation methods – Ro/Ro and container shipping.
You should make sure that all of the external additions to your vehicle are thoroughly removed as per the limitations. A lot of companies would also require you to clean the vehicle, especially if you decide to go with the RORO method. What’s more, you have to steam clean the car in order to avoid quarantine check-ups. This is going to speed up the entire process considerably because your car won’t have to be checked into a quarantine facility for any further inspections.
If you go for the container shipping option, you would be able to choose between a 20ft and 40ft container based on your own personal preference and demands. You can also go ahead and transport other belongings while this isn’t allowed if you go for RORO shipping. This last option is the fastest and the simplest and it would require you to empty out the car entirely so that there is nothing within it but the car jack, floor mats and spare tire. After conducting the procedures upon arrival you should acquire further information about driving in the country.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?