Shkoder is a municipality as well as a city in Albania and it’s also a county. It is without a doubt one of the places with the richest history and that’s why it’s both an economic and a cultural center. After breaking free from the USSR communist regime, in Albania has quickly improved and it’s not hard to establish a positive relationship with it.
Albania is also benefiting from an increase in the tourism and the laws regulating the functioning of their customs are effective enough.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Require Action before shipping your vehicle.
You have to fill out certain paperwork prior to shipping your car to Albania and it includes:
- Registration from the originating country.
- Bill of sale of the vehicle.
- Title deed.
- Ownership proof.
- Permit for residence.
If you want to obtain any further information you might want to check out the online page of the Albanian Customs. Make sure to reference the page to see if there are any restrictions or limitations.
You’d have to steam clean the car inside and out prior to the shipping in order to avoid quarantine check-ups and delays which are associated. This is going to speed up the overall shipping process as the company won’t have to transport your car to special quarantine facilities. By bypassing these lengthy procedures, you will save a lot of time indeed.
- Roll On/ Roll Off: This is likely to be the most preferred method of shipping. This is mainly because it’s the cheapest and fastest. You are going to drive your car on a shipping deck on its own vehicles where it would be safely fastened and secured. You are not allowed to have any belongings in your vehicle apart from the floor mats, the car jack and the spare tire.
- Container Shipping: It is a more exclusive form of shipping as your car is going to be placed within a private container at the size of 20 ft. or 40 ft., based on your choice and needs. You’re allowed to place other belongings within the container which is particularly convenient or you can share it with someone else if you want to spare some money. Due to the more complicated procedure, this is a bit slower than shipping through RORO but it’s also more valuable as you get to send in other belongings along with your car.
- Land Transportation: This is a land-locked shipping choice and it’s generally going to be the slowest. You would also have to have a scheduled shipping date before the journey begins.
When you arrive in Albania.
Upon arrival in the country, there are just a few things that you have to take care of such as:
- You have to pay the allocated taxes and customs duties associated with the shipment.
- You have to get the modifications applied and tested if required.
- Apply for a new registration plate and approval from the government.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory