Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
Shipping a car to Shenyang from the United States.
An international move comes with so many hurdles to jump through, and it’s even harder when you need to navigate customs regulations for vehicle importation. Fortunately, A-1 Auto Transport is here to help. A-1 understands what it takes to successfully ship vehicles to China, and our twenty-plus years of experience means that customers can relax and focus on other matters. Why should a move be stressful?
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Both the capital and largest city of the Liaoning Province, Shenyang is a vital industrial center and northeast China’s primary transportation hub. Links to the nation’s wide network of expressways and railways ensure that Shenyang is well-connected to trade and commerce.
Whenever shipping a vehicle internationally, it’s important to understand the custom laws of the country. Here is a short list of some important highlights for China:
- You’re required to be present at the time of the car’s arrival in the country.
- The import of diesel-run cars is forbidden in China. Jeeps are the only exception to this rule.
- Foreigners are no longer permitted to import used cars.
- Customs duty varies wildly depending on the capacity of the car’s engine, but is often rather steep. Cars are classified as luxury goods – expect to pay a minimum of 25% of the vehicle’s value.
- Only left-hand drive cars may be brought into China.
There are different shipping methods on offer for you. It is suggested that you take ample amount of time to select a particular option. It is also advised that you go through the advantages and disadvantages of each method with the shipper.
- Roll-on/Roll-off shipping – Just as the name suggests, vehicles are loaded (or “rolled”) right aboard ships or other transport vessels, and driven off again at the destination.
- Container shipping – For an additional layer of protection – popular for especially valuable vehicles – consider the use of a cargo container. Vehicles can be loaded into these, which are then strapped down securely to prevent movement.
There are multiple choices in the style of delivery as well:
- Terminal-to-terminal shipping – You may choose to drop off the car directly at a terminal of departure, and pick it up onsite in Shenyang.
- Door-to-door shipping – An alternative to terminal-to-terminal shipping is the pickup and delivery of the car by shippers, at the locations of your choosing. Predictably, there is generally a small surcharge for this option.
Safety and Preparation.
Once you’ve set up shipping, take a few moments to prepare the car physically for the actual process.
- Preserve battery life by switching off the alarm system.
- Remove any personal belongings – aside from emergency tools, like the spare tire – from the vehicle.
- Double-check that brakes are working correctly.
- Scrub the car clean, inside and out.
- Leave a small amount of fuel in the tank (fill it to roughly 25% capacity), to allow shippers to move the car short distances.
- Lower the antenna, and detach any removable fixtures (e.g. bike racks).
Customs officials will need to see certain documents before clearing the car for entry:
- An written application and import cargo declaration
- A written application
- Proof the car’s purchase value and age
Missing or invalid documents will likely result in denial of entry into China.