Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Sesvete
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Sesvete is a district of Zagreb, which is the capital of Croatia. It has its location in the eastern parts of the city and if you have decided to ship your car from the USA there are a few things to edge out first.
You should know that cars in the USA are generally a lot cheaper and therefore, it could really be worth it to get your own vehicle into the country. In any case, you should consider hiring a professional shipping agency like the A-1 Auto Transport as it is an experienced company with an outstanding reputation.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The country is located on the Adriatic Sea and it has a lot of ports such as Split, Dubrovnik, Bakara, Zadar and Ploce. Ships to Croatia depart every week from the USA and you can even schedule your arrival dates accordingly. The costs are also rather affordable.
Documentation You Need to Prepare.
When you are getting your car shipped from the USA, there are a lot of documents to prepare such as:
- Notarized sales contract.
- Homologation certificate.
- Original title.
- Bill of lading and of sale.
- Authorization by lien holder (if the car is leased)
If your car has a European origin, you will have to present the authorities with:
- EUR1 Certificate.
- Statement from the supplier verifying the origin.
This is the process which you have to go through in order to ensure that the vehicle abides by the legal requirements of EU. All vehicles that enter the EU have to go through such a process. However, they can only be carried out in Germany, Spain or in USA so you have to take care of it prior to entering Croatia.
You can choose from one out of two shipping methods if you are to get your car into the country.
- RORO (Roll on/Roll off )
- Container shipping.
The former would require you or your agent to manually drive the car upon its wheels on a shipping deck. It would be then fastened securely and transported with the carrier. You won’t have the chance to ship anything else. The latter option involves your car being placed within a private container, which you can fill up with other personal belongings. The first method is generally the overly preferred one, because it is cheaper.
Get Your Car Prepared.
You will have to do the following, if you want to ensure a hassle-free transportation property:
- Get insurance.
- Remove all your additional personal belongings.
- Report all of the dents and the scratches and have the document signed by the shipping agent.
- Fill ¼ gas tank.
- Thoroughly clean the car to avoid quarantine procedures.
Duties at Customs.
You are going to have to pay a tax based on the value of your vehicle when you enter Sesvete in Croatia provided you are staying for more than 3 months.
To get the latest on the current import laws and regulations, you will need to contact the Embassy of Croatia and get an answer to your queries.