The city of Serowe is located in the central part of Botswana. It is also the main trade and commerce center in Botswana. There is a lot of history found in Botswana and it is the capital for the Bamangwato residence back in the early part of the twentieth century.
It is also the birthplace of the Botswana’s presidents. There have been many developments in the recent times regarding the town and Botswana seen a spike in population. Because Serowe is located where the land is fertile and well-watered with the water from the Lotsane River, it is easy to see why it is so populated. Gaborone – Francistown Road is just west of Serowe and it is easily reached.
If you want to ship your vehicle to Botswana from the port in the United States, you will need to make sure that you are following all the rules and regulations set forth by the government. The roads are not all evenly paved so a four-wheel drive may be needed for most of the time, if not all, especially if you travel in the country.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Auto Shipping Regulations in Botswana.
There are not many regulations when shipping a vehicle to this country however the ones you need to follow include:
- Must have the application form IC.2.
- Vehicle registration shows that it has to be owned for a minimum of one year.
- Import permits or residence permits are issued by the Commerce Committee.
- Bill of a sale of the vehicle that lists the vehicle total price.
- CE101 form with two copies.
- A valid passport.
- Certificate of clearance.
Importing normally runs between $1800 and $3900 depending on several factors, such as the method of shipping your choose. The higher amount is most likely due to the fact that you chose the container shipping instead of the Roll On/ Roll off method.
Any vehicle imported to Botswana will need to pay the National Road Safety Fund Tax which runs $4.52 USD. This tax will expire at the end of December and will need to be paid annually. You can learn more information about importing as well as what necessary paperwork you will need by contacting the Botswana Embassy located in Washington DC.
Import related Documents.
You will need to take responsibility of the paperwork. In order to do that you will need to:
- The original title of the vehicle.
- Current registration.
- Original bill of sale.
- Driver’s license.
- Social security card.
- Signed Power of Attorney form.
Your vehicle will need to be prepared for shipping and in order to do that you will need to speak to your agent to learn about the steps to cleaning up your vehicle for import. You will need to make sure that nothing is left inside the vehicle, including the trunk. You will need to steam clean the vehicle on the outside in order to remove any debris that may have been overlooked. If your vehicle is not up to par when your vehicle reaches the port of exit, you may need to clean the vehicle again or have it quarantined and be subject to the additional cost.
Types of shipping.
In order to determine which shipping method is best, you need to know the difference in the two. The Roll On/ Roll Off shipping method or RO-RO is the most affordable way to ship your vehicle. This way is the most preferred due to the price. Container shipping is another option for shipping a vehicle.
Roll On/ Roll Off shipping uses the vehicle’s engine to start it up and drive it onto the deck of the ship where it is placed inside the parking bay and harnessed down for the trip. While the vehicle is secured, it is also exposed to the elements of weather.
Container shipping is another option. With this method of shipping, it is going to cost a little more however you will have the option to load not only your vehicle but any personal and household items as well, as long as they are all legal. If the cost of the container is too much, you can split the container with someone else. You can learn more about the paperwork required and the rules and regulations of importing and exporting by contacting the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?