Sarpborg is a large city and municipality in the middle of Østfold County, Norway is. It is also the center municipality as well as being the fifth largest urban location in Norway, when compared with its neighbor, Fredrikstad.
The import laws and regulations today have become more efficient as Norway and has an increased population of expatriates, both furthering their education as well as working in different cities. Before you import your vehicle, you will need to submit the documents to the Norway Customs Department and to the U.S. Customs to verify all the information you have provided in your request form.
If you plan to move to Sarpborg for a few months or even a few years, you will need to fill out the appropriate forms to register for a residential or work permit. This paperwork in addition to what you already need will complete your request for import from the United States. Norway is part of the European Union so there are emission laws that must be followed before your request can be approved. If your vehicle does not pass the emissions inspection, you will need to have it modified before it can be transported.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Paperwork and needed Documents.
You are required to show proof that you own the vehicle and to validate the import, all of the documents have to be submitted. You are required to submit the following documents:
- Proof of ownership – with photo ID, driver’s license, and passport.
- Original title and copies.
- Insurance Proof certificate.
- Residence permit or work permit.
- Registration documents of your vehicle in the United States.
Calculating the cost will need to be estimated until you have finalized the details. You will need to consider the charges of freight, the cost of your vehicle, as well as insurance. There is also a customs tax of 30% to pay which is also calculated once the CIF is determined. There are some rules and restrictions that you will need to abide by when choosing the Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping. These limitations include:
- 1/4 tank of gas in the fuel tank.
- No personal belongings left in the vehicle.
- Spare keys, tire, jack, and floor mats are able to stay inside.
Auto Import Laws in Norway.
If you don’t follow the rules and regulations on importing, your delivery will be delayed or rejected. The only limit to these restrictions are if you choose the Roll On/ Roll Off method of shipping or container shipping. You will need to verify that nothing in your contents is illegal. You can put household items inside the container for shipping and choose either a 20 foot or 40-foot container if needed. Once you load the container up, it is then sealed.
Your vehicle will need to pass the emissions test if it had to be modified before it can be boarded in the United States. Once this is done, your vehicle will be shipped. When you work with an experienced auto shipping company such as A1 Auto Transport Service they have the experience that you will learn to depend on with confidence.
Once your vehicle is delivered to the port, there are other procedures that will need to be completed before your vehicle is clear; all duties and taxes must be paid, testing on the modifications and emissions testing is also required. Your vehicle will need to be cleared completely before it can be ready to go on the roads in Trondheim. You will need to register the vehicle and obtain license plates and registration through the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Transportation and Communications.
You will need to contact the Embassy of Norway to learn more about the current laws and regulations requirements for importing vehicles.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?