Being both a municipality and a city in the Rogaland County in Norway, Sandnes is the 8th largest town in the country. Together with its neighboring city Stavanger, they form the 3rd largest urban area in the entire country.
If you plan to live in the city for a few months or even permanently, you have to obtain the obligatory residential or work permission. There are other documents that you would need to obtain if you are to import your own car from the USA. There are strict emissions rules which have to be abided by, as Norway is part of the European Union. You should get your car modified to comply unless it already does.
Norway has a lot of people working and studying abroad and thus importing a vehicle has become less complicated of late. You are going to have to submit the required documents to the Norway Customs Department and they have to be verified.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Required Documents and Paperwork.
- Registration paperwork from the USA.
- Ownership Proof, photo ID, Passport and a driver’s license.
- Copies and original Title deed.
- Insurance policy.
- Residency or work permit.
If you want to calculate the cost, you have to account for the freight taxes, the overall value of the car and the insurance. There are also 30% customs taxes based on the CIF. There are also some additional requirements and restrictions that you have to consider:
- ¼ tank of fuel.
- Remove all other belongings and external accessories.
- Keep spare keys, floor mats and the jack.
- Disable alarms.
Import Laws to Consider.
If you fail to abide by the rules, you are going to hit a bump. Nevertheless, these restrictions are only applicable to the RORO shipping method. If you decide to go with container shipping, you should only make sure that you are not importing anything illegal. Apart from that, you can put any kind of household goods and you can pick a 20ft or a 40ft container.
There are emission tests which the vehicle has to pass, if your vehicle has been manufactured in the USA. Make sure to do this before you get the car shipped. Working with a shipping agent would significantly simplify the process for you. This is why hiring the A1 Auto Transport service is definitely going to be of use as we have plenty of experience with shipping vehicles in the EU.
You would have to go through other procedures once the vehicle is delivered in Norway. You would have to pay the custom taxes, the duties as well as levies which are required by the Norwegian laws. The car would be tested for emissions and it has to be clean in order to be driven on the roads of Norway. You also have to apply for a registration plate at the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Transportation and Communications.
You can always contact the Embassy of Norway for any further and relevant information in relation with your shipping process.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?