Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from San-Pédro
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
A city in South Western Ivory Coast, San-Pédro, it is the second biggest port and the administrative hub of San-Pédro and Bas-Sassandra district. Due to marine commerce and trade, there are plenty of employment opportunities, making it a desired city for returning citizens, expatriates, and others.
Whether it is personal reasons or work related, you need to have a vehicle to commute through the city or to work. Instead of buying an imported vehicle in Ivory Coast, it is cheaper to import your vehicle from USA when you move for an extended period. As the country is bounded by Gulf of Guinea, opting for ocean bound freight shipping makes a lot of sense.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Essential requirements for shipping to San Pédro.
It is essential that you work with a trusted and reliable service, like A1 Auto Transport service as they have the experience of dealing with Cote D’Ivoire Customs. The advantages are that we understand the import laws and regulations, and can help you navigate through the processes. The documents that need to be submitted include:
- Registration and title deed.
- Insurance policy on the vehicle.
- Driving license and passport of the owner.
- Work permit/visa.
- Appraised value of the car.
- Purchase invoice,
There are many specifications that need to be adhered to before you can import a vehicle to Ivory Coast. To get the latest information on the current regulations, you might want to connect with the Embassy of Cote D’Ivoire.
Shipping options to choose from.
Basically you have two shipping options, as air shipping is rarely used due to the prohibitive costs. Ocean bound freight shipping can be categorized as:
- Roll-on/Roll-Off: Your car or vehicle will be driven on the ship, secured in place using wheel blocks and brackets. It is then driven off at San Pedro. However, you will need to remove air conditioning gas, clear the interiors and empty it all of the personal belongings. Only spare keys, one tire and floor mats are allowed within the car.
- Container shipment: You have the option of hiring twenty feet or forty feet container and putting your personal belongings and the car within it. The car and goods are put within the large container and sealed for transit. At the port, the Customs authorities will do a complete inspection of the container before it is cleared.
If you cannot take the delivery of the vehicle, it is best to authorize us with a Power of Attorney, so that we can collect it on time. To get more information on the import duties and procedures, contact A1 Auto Transport service.