Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from San Luis Potosi
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Shipping a vehicle anywhere will present its share of problems. Luckily, Mexico doesn’t hold very rigorous policies for vehicle shipment which makes it easy for anyone to have their own vehicle transported to San Luis Potosi. Having a personal vehicle will be very helpful when trying to avoid language and currency barriers.
As the city and capital of the state San Luis Potosi, there is an estimated population of nearly 1 million people. It is currently one of the main industrial centers for Central Mexico. It is also one of the biggest tourist destinations of the country. Many people from all over come to visit or reside, which has boosted the city’s need for more housing.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Requirements and Documents Needed for Vehicle Transport to Mexico.
The requirements and documents needed for vehicle transport aren’t too strict. As long as all requirements are fulfilled and the documents are gathered, then vehicle shipment should be simple.
- Two of the following will be needed: License, Passport, Picture ID, Registered Voter’s License, Visa, or Proof of Residency.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Luxury vehicles, sports cars and convertibles are not permitted.
- The vehicle must be older than 5 years of age.
Contact the Embassy of Mexico to get the latest policies for vehicle shipment. They can change at any time so it is always best to call and inquire. One must also decide between the various forms of vehicle shipment. These include container shipping, RO/RO shipping, and air shipping.