The second largest city in Belize, San Ignacio is the center for the cultural and economic development in the country. It is a popular tourist destination due to the tropical location. Thus, whether you are retiring to Belize or moving for work, you will benefit by importing your personal vehicle as public transportation isn’t very reliable. If you are contemplating shipping your vehicle to San Ignacio, the first step should be about finding the most professional international shipping company that will help complete the formalities and is conversant with the nuances of custom regulations in Belize. We at A1 Auto Transport service would like to step in as we bring over 2 decades of experience in commercial and private vehicle shipping internationally.
Offering a range of services, right from picking your vehicle from your home to delivery at the U.S port and helping you select the best method of freight shipping, we’ll be with you at every step.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Key considerations for shipping to San Ignacio.
There are multiple processes to adhere to and host of paperwork that needs to be verified by the Belize Customs and Excise Department before you are given the possession of the vehicle. To start with, you have to prove that you are the owner of the vehicle and will have to submit the driver’s license and passport to verify your identity. Additionally, other pertinent documents include:
- Original purchase invoice of the vehicle. It needs to have all information about the VIN (vehicle identification number), chassis number, make, model and year of manufacture.
- Clear title deed in the owner’s name. If there is a lien on the car, written authorization from the lender giving clearance for shipping is needed.
- License plate.
- Insurance certificate.
- Emission certificate.
Usually it takes about a fortnight to get your vehicle delivered in San Ignacio, if everything goes off smoothly including the weather. However, delays are not uncommon and that is why it is essential to discuss the details of the shipping with the transporter. Only after the custom and duties have been paid, the vehicle will be handed over to the owner or authorized representative.
Total shipping cost is calculated on the basis of the type of shipping method you select, shipping company’s fee, insurance and the custom duties that are applicable based on the current resale value of the car. The main cost of the shipping depends upon whether you have selected RORO or Container shipping.
- RORO method: Your car is driven on and off the ship using ramps. You are only charged for the space used by the car on the deck. However, as a measure of precaution against theft and pilferage, you are not allowed to keep anything inside the car. For smooth custom clearance and no quarantine, clean your car before you ship it.
- 20 ft. /40 ft. container shipping: You can hire a whole 20 feet or 40 feet container, secure your car along with other goods that need to be moved and then it is sealed. This protects the vehicle completely. However, it is much more expensive than RORO.
Import laws and custom regulations keep changing and that is why it is good to connect with the Embassy of Belize before you ship out the vehicle from USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?