One of the larger cities in Trinidad, San Fernando is the second largest municipality and occupies 18 km. Surrounded by rivers Guaracara and Oropouche and Gulf of Paria on the west.
It is the industrial capital of the country due to the proximity to oil refineries, mines and petrochemical industries.
Whether you are a returning citizen or a visitor intending to stay here on a long term basis, having your own vehicle can benefit you in traveling around in the city and around it. With amicable and trade relations between the two countries – USA and Trinidad, shipping laws are easy to adhere to. Youa re required to hire an expert shipping service that has years of experience working with Customs iN Trinidad and have exported vehicles in the past. That is when A1 Auto Transport service steps in. We have plenty of experience in shipping vehicles globally and understand all of the nuances of working with Customs and Excise Division of Trinidad
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
After you have submitted the applications to get the import permits, it is essential to compile the documents and ensure that your vehicle meets all of the requisite eligibility criteria for import to San Fernando. A1 Auto Transport service will assist you through the complete procedure so that there is no mistake or delay in shipping the vehicle. Though returning citizens have higher benefits of submitting less documents and getting tax exemption, if they are bring in the vehicle as part of household goods. Some of the documents that will be required include:
- Ownership proof- driving license, passport.
- Work permit/Residence visa.
- Customs bond.
- Cash deposits/fees.
- Listed vehicle inventory including details of the vehicle.
- Import license.
- Proof of staying abroad.
You are required to submit these when you import any vehicle/goods to Trinidad and the Customs department has to verify and clear the documents before you can drive your vehicle in San Fernando.
Vehicle Regulations in Trinidad.
It is important that you have owned the vehicle for at least six months before you import it. Legal and registration documents to prove that you are the owner will have to be submitted. Additionally, specific regulations that have to be adhered to include:
- Payment of all duties, taxes and VAT
- Owners have to be present when the vehicle arrives
- You are not allowed to sell the vehicle immediately, but have to retain the vehicle for 24 months after importing it
- Returning citizens have to be show a minimum of 5 years of stay abroad
- It is mandatory that import of vehicles has to be done within 2 months of your stay in San Fernando
- Container shipments have to be extensively inspected before cleared
As one of the leading auto shipping services, we would like to give you a word of caution about the procedure that the procedures take a long time and that is why it is why it is essential to start the procedure early. You might need to begin the process and submission of proofs even before you move to Trinidad.
If you need a free quote from A1 Auto Transport service, we’d like you to select the shipment method so that we can calculate the costs accordingly. You have the option of choosing from – Roll on/Roll Off (RORO) and Container shipping. Air shipping is another option but not many people prefer it as it is extremely expensive.
If there are budget considerations, then RORO works best. But you have to remove all personal items, movable accessories from the car, steam clean it and leave only a little fuel for it to be drive onboard/offload the ship. Conversely, container shipping is more expensive yet offers higher protection as the vehicle is sealed within large containers and is only opened at the port in Trinidad. Unlike RORO, in container shipping, you are allowed to ship your personal items and household goods.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?