The Georgian city of Samtredia is located in Imereti district. It is situated between the Rioni and Tskhenis-Tsqali Rivers, approximately 244 kilometers away from the capital city of Tbilisi.
Most of the important roads in the country converge at this location and that’s why the town is an important transportation hub.
Despite being a transport hub, for faster and easy commuting within the city, you will need to have your own personal vehicle. However, buying a new car might get quite expensive and you are better off importing your personal vehicle from USA when you move. If you are here on a temporary or extended and even permanent stay. In any case, abiding by the regulations of Georgia could get quite challenging and that’s why relying on a professional shipping agency might be a good idea. We at A1 Auto Transport service have over 20 years of professional shipping experience and we are well aware of the ins and outs of the trade.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Legalizing Your Import.
In order to make sure that the import is legal and valid, there are quite a lot of documents to be submitted to the Georgia Customs and Revenue Service. Some of these include:
- Clear title deed.
- Bill of Sale.
- Purchase Invoice with information about the engine capacity.
- Registration and Insurance documents.
- Import Permit.
- Work Permit of the Owner.
- Photo ID or Passport.
Keep in mind that vehicles are subjected to 12% customs duty and about 18% VAT based on the CIF value. This is calculated by the Customs Officials at the time of clearance. You can’t sell the vehicle for another 12 months. However, if you intend to import temporarily you don’t have to pay import duty but you need to make a bank guarantee at about 18% which is going to be released after you leave the country.
Security Considerations in the Country.
There is a Cargo Notification which makes it mandatory for you to report all vehicles and cargo which come into the country. This means that you need to notify the Customs at least 24 to 48 hours prior to the arrival of the cargo and if you fail to do so delays are going to take place. The A1 Auto Transport Service is going to take care of this so you don’t have to worry.
You are also going to be provided with two ocean-based freight shipping options – RORO and Container Shipping. The former is particularly convenient if you have only your vehicle to import as you wouldn’t be allowed to carry any other personal belongings with it. With this in mind, you have to leave nothing but the floor mats, car jack and spare tire within the vehicle itself. If your car is more expensive or you need to ship other belongings then Container Shipping is your obvious choice. This is more expensive and a bit slower because it undergoes additional routine checkups.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?