The city of Same is located in the Same sub-district in the middle of Timor – Leste. It is approximately 50 miles south of Dili and is south of the Cabalaki Mountain. If you want to import your vehicle to Same you will be glad to know that it is easy to do.Timor-Leste is where you need to import to and it is a popular place that is known for its beautiful views. Tourists come here to whale watching, mountain climbing, as well as deep sea diving. The island has so much to offer everyone. People come here to visit, work, and to study.
Timor-Leste is where you need to import to and it is a popular place that is known for its beautiful views. Tourists come here to whale watching, mountain climbing, as well as deep sea diving. The island has so much to offer everyone. People come here to visit, work, and to study.
When exporting your vehicle from the United States to Timor – Leste, you will need to pay a lot of taxes and duties in order to be able to pick up your vehicle once it reaches the port. As a car owner in the city of Same, you will be able to travel around with ease and not have to depend on public transportation to get you around.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documents Needed for Import.
When you import your vehicle to Timor-Leste, you will need to have the following documentation to show customs in the U.S and Timor -Leste. You will need the following:
- Driver’s license.
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle.
- The title of the vehicle.
- Registration of the vehicle.
- Documentation of residency while in Timor – Leste.
- Proof of employment while in Timor – Leste.
You need to be staying away from Timor- Leste for at least 1 years and should have owned the vehicle for the same period.
Requirements for Shipping to Timor – Leste.
The requirements for shipping to Timor – Leste is very strict and will need to be met before you are allowed to ship. Vehicles that have been driven for more than five years are not allowed to be imported unless they meet the criteria established by customs. Classic cars, heavy trucks, cars, and vehicles that can hold up to twenty passengers are exceptions, as well as vehicles that are imported under an international agreement.
You can contact Timor-Leste Customs before you import to seek clarity on any rules and regulations you may not understand. Because the rules and regulations change often, you may want to contact them for any updates closer to the time you plan to import your vehicle.
Paying Duties and Tax.
You will need to pay duties and taxes in order to complete the import process. These duties include:
- Import tax of 2.5 % of the CIF value of your vehicle
- Excise duty of 5% of the cost, insurance and freight value and the import duty
- Sales tax of 2.5%
Shipping Options for Same.
When you ship to the city of Same, you will have two shipping options to choose from. The first one is Roll On/ Roll Off method. This method requires that you drive your car onto the deck of the ship where it is secured for transport. When it reaches the destination, it will then be driven off the ship.
Container Shipping is another form of shipping. When you want to ship more than just your vehicle, you may want to consider container shipping which allows you to ship your vehicle and all your personal belongings all at once.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?