If you plan on moving to Samara, Russia or staying there for an extensive length of time, consider having your vehicle shipped. Shipping your vehicle overseas isn’t necessarily difficult as long as all requirements are fulfilled.
While the shipping requirements for Russia aren’t too clear, one can contact the Embassy of Russia for further details. They will give you all of the present requirements and of the proper documentation needed. One can assume that the following will be necessary.
- Proof of Purchase
- Title and Registration
- License or Picture ID
About Samara and Local Travel
Samara is located in the southeastern part of Russia. It is the 6th largest city in the country and home of very important social, economic, political, cultural, and industrial centers. Many come here for employment and residency.
The road networks are well maintained and paved. There is public transportation in Samara, but the language and currency barriers may pose a problem for anyone coming to the city from the U.S. Having your own vehicle to travel freely will be nice, especially while traveling the country for its forest, cultural centers, shopping, historical monuments, and more.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Methods of Vehicle Shipment to Samara
- Shipping a vehicle RO/RO means that the vehicle will be empty at the time of its shipment. Only a car jack, a spare tire, and floor mats are allowed. The vehicle will then roll on to the ship and when it ports, it will roll off of the ship.
- Container shipping requires that the vehicle is put into a very large shipping container. The container can fit other belongings as well. The vehicle can also be filled with possessions allowed by Russian Customs. If a single container is more space than you may need, it can be shared with another individual which will also help to lessen the cost.
- Air shipping is the third option. This method would be great except it is very costly. Many people cannot afford to transport their vehicle air services.
Make sure that you are present at the right port on the day the vehicle is due to arrive. They will not hold the vehicle for you. Sometimes, an agent may pick the vehicle up for you but this will have to be addressed with Customs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory