Domestic USA & International Auto Shipping
- Quote Calculator
As the capital of Coahuila, Saltillo has nearly a million people residing there. The city is well known for its sarapes and tile. Many vehicle assembly plants are also located in Saltillo, making it easy to find employment.
Regardless of why you plan on moving or staying for a while in Saltillo, having a personal vehicle will make travel easier on you. This is the best way to travel the extensive road network in Saltillo. While public transportation is available, it may be difficult to use due to language and currency barriers.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Requirements for Vehicle Shipment into Mexico.
When you have made the decision to ship your vehicle, make sure that you can fulfill all of the requirements. They aren’t impossible to fulfill and actually, Mexico has some lenient policies for vehicle shipment.
The Requirements That Need to be Fulfilled.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Luxury vehicles, sports cars and convertibles are not permitted.
- The vehicle must be older than 5 years of age.
The Documentation That Will Be Needed.
- Two of the following will be needed: License, Passport, Picture ID, Registered Voter’s License, Visa, or Proof of Residency.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
Contact the Embassy of Mexico for the most up to date policies, considering they can change at any time.
Methods of Vehicle Shipment.
There are several methods of vehicle shipment made available. It will depend on the needs of your move, as well as your budget on what method might suit you best.
Container shipping is a very common method of vehicle shipment. This method requires the vehicle to be shipped within a container. There are usually two container sizes to select from. Then, the vehicle and the container can be filled with possessions. These possessions must be permitted into the country by Mexican Customs. The container can be shared with another individual as to lessen the cost.
RO/RO shipping is a method of shipping that requires the vehicle to be empty. It is also the cheapest method. The vehicle must be capable of rolling onto and off of the ship. The only things allowed in the vehicle at the time of shipment are a car jack, spare tire and floor mats. This method is not accepted by all ports, but with over 40 ports in Mexico, there is certainly one close enough to your location.