Saint-Louis is currently the acting capital of the Saint-Louis Region in Senegal. It occupies a northwest location, close to the mouth of the Senegal River which is approximately around 320 km away from Dakar. Senegal has a lot of ports as it is bordering the Atlantic Ocean and the one in Dakar is without a doubt the largest.
With plenty of trade and business opportunities, increasingly expatriates and students come here to work or study over the years. Among the basic necessities that are required, having your own vehicle is essential.
Though it isn’t difficult to transport your own vehicle from USA, it is impossible to do it alone and that is why A1 Auto Transport paves the way for smooth import to Saint-Louis.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
There are quite a few important documents that you would have to submit in order to meet the regulations set forth by both the U.S. Customs and the Customs Department of Senegal. They include:
- Car Title.
- DPI or Import Declaration.
- Ownership proof.
- Insurance policy.
- Registration Certificate.
- Purchase Invoice.
- Insurance from Senegal.
- Only one vehicle per entire family is allowed.
- You can import both new and used cars.
You’d be better off checking with the Embassy of Senegal in order to receive more and updated information.
Driving in Senegal.
Senegal has a lot and properly working roadways, unlike many countries which surround it. There are national roads, highways and regional ones. The majority of the publicly accessed roads are paved and it’s quite easy to go from one place to another. However, you have to adhere by the local rules and regulations.
Transporting your vehicle to Senegal.
There are three different shipping methods but the Ro/Ro and the container shipping are usually the overly preferred choices. The least used one is air shipping, simply because it’s very expensive and not many can actually afford it. There are several things that would have an effect on the price of the shipping to the Senegal. The door-to-port or the port-to-port service is going to be one of them. The shipping choice is another one. For instance, choosing to go with a private container is going to be a lot more expensive than the regular RO/RO method.
In Roll-On/Roll-Off method, your car would be driven on a shipping deck on its own wheels and exposed to the elements. However, there are also a few limitations that you’d need to take into consideration if you go for Ro/Ro shipping:
- You have to completely empty the car of belongings.
- Remove the gas of the air conditioner.
- Keep only ¼ of a tank full.
- Leave nothing but the floor mats, spare keys, car jack and spare tire.
- Steam clean the car.
Even though container shipping is going to cost you more it certainly offers a lot of value for the money you are paying. Right off the bat, you’d be able to ship other personal belongings, which is incredibly beneficial. You can also choose between 20ft and 40ft container sizes based on your personal preference.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?