One of the bigger cities in Burundi, Ruyigi is the main city in the province by the same name. If you are planning to move here for work, it is best to have your own vehicle for commuting in and around the city. With very less number of paved roads, a four wheel drive is your best bet for faster commuting. However, before you start looking for information on how to transport your vehicle, it is better to contact A1 Auto Transport service, a pioneer in the international auto shipping industry. We will help you with the documentation, procedures and be with you at every step to ensure a safe transit of your vehicle to Burundi.
If you need the Door-to-Port services, we can do that or if you want to self-drive the vehicle to the U.S port, we can work with that. One of our local shipping agents will be at Ruyigi to take the delivery of the vehicle and navigate through the Burundi Customs and if you need more information or assistance with the documentation required by the U.S. Customs we can help.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations and procedures for vehicle import.
As with any vehicle import, you need to prove the ownership and ensure that it is a legal move. Thus the U.S Customs and Burundi Customs Department require the essential documentation that includes:
- Bill of vehicle purchase.
- Vehicle registration documents.
- No lien, clear car title.
- Vehicle details- VIN, chassis and engine number, make, model.
- Passport and driving license original and copies.
- Social Security card.
Additionally, there are specific taxes that are applicable on all imported vehicles which include 4% CIF and transactional levy of about 17% based on the CIF of the vehicle. You will need to give an authorization to the shipping agent if you are unable to be in Burundi for taking the delivery of the vehicle. There are no holding at the port, so someone has to be there. To know more about the procedures and laws, contact the Burundi Embassy.
Preparing the vehicle and methods to ship.
Before you ship your vehicle to Ruyigi, there is plenty of prepping to do to ensure that your vehicle is not quarantined. To start with it is best to get the vehicle steam cleaned and empty out all your personal belongings and movable accessories. Additionally, if you are shipping by RORO or Roll-On/Roll-Off method, you will need to adhere to the requirements of leaving only car jack, floor mats and extra set of keys in the car. You will be required to remove all of the air conditioning gas and have only minimum amount of fuel in the tank, just enough to drive the vehicle up at the U.S port and down the ship at the last port.
While if you select container shipping technique, the vehicle will be put within a large container and secured along with any personal goods that you need transported. Check with the Embassy to see the list of prohibited items so that you don’t take anything that is illegal in Burundi. One of the shipping agents will go over the requirements so that whether you need pick-up or delivery services or need assistance with custom clearances, A1 Auto Transport service will be there.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?