On the banks of the Kura River, Rustavi is a city which has its exact location in the province of Kvemo Kartli in the Southeast part of Georgia. The people moving to Georgia commonly prefer to take their vehicles with them as the public transport is accessible but highly crowded.
The majority of cars originate from Russia with USA and Japanese manufactured vehicles being rather rare. Georgia has no manufacturing business related to cars but you can now find spare parts on the internet fairly easy.
Georgia has a lot of ports on the Black Sea but the most used one is the Port at Poti. The shipments to the Black Sea tend to happen in a relatively short amount of time thanks to regular departures from the USA.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
As per the requirements of the Georgia Revenue Service, before you export the car from the US to Georgia, you’d have to present the following documents:
- Proof of ownership.
- Title of vehicle in original.
- Bill of sale.
- Lien holder permission if such is needed.
- Contact information of the particular lien holder if there is one.
An official statement which attests to the capacity of the engine is also necessary. You are required to pay 12% and 18% VAT on the vehicle. You might be interested in contacting the Georgia Consulate to get further details. If you are going to stay here for a short time, you have the option of importing it temporarily.
There is Cargo Notification system which requires all delivered goods to be thoroughly reported in less than 24 hours in advance of their actual arrival. Failure in this would result in complications and additional lost time. An experienced shipping agency like the A1 Auto Transport is going to be able to easily handle these issues.
Preparation for the shipping.
There are a few things that you can do if you want to speed up the entire process and do everything you care to prevent any delays. These things include:
- Deep cleaning the interior to reduce the delays associated with quarantine.
- Fill a ¼ gas tank.
- Remove your personal belongings.
- Make sure to inspect the car with the agent and report all sorts of dents and scratches and get a signed copy of the report.
- Get insurance.
Once you’ve sorted all of the above, you’d have to set your mind on a particular shipping method. There are two options in front of you – RORO and container shipping. The former is cheaper and less protective while the latter is more expensive but it offers a lot of protection. In RORO, your vehicle is driven on the ship and secured on an open deck along with other vehicles, while in container shipping, the vehicle is packed within the large containers.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?