Rustaq is both a city and a district in Oman. Even though shipping a vehicle to the country can be quite challenging, having the right agency to work for you is going to make things a lot easier.
This is why you can rely on the services of the A1 Auto Transport. With over two decades of professional international shipping experience, the company is definitely here to ensure a hassle-free auto import without you having to worry about a single thing.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
It is very important to understand that the country of Oman allows foreigners to import only one vehicle. You can import on both temporary as well as a conditional basis. In order to get a temporary permit, you need to abide by the following conditions:
- If the car is secured by an international passage register you can get it imported for up to 6 months.
- If it’s not in the register, you can import it only for 3 months.
- Additionally, you can also import the car for 3 months if you pay insurance which is equal the import tax and duty.
- The shipper needs to have no pending cases of misdemeanor with the Customs.
There are quite a lot of documents that you’d also need to submit to the customs in the USA and to the Oman Customs Authority before you can get the car exported and respectively – imported. They will need to verify the documents in order to get you cleared. Some of these documents include:
- Oman insurance.
- International Passage Register.
- Bill of Lading.
- Valid passport of the owner and a Driver’s License.
- Title Deed and Registration.
- Receipts for cleared duties and taxes.
Expatriate students are allowed to effectively renew their temporary status on the imported car as they qualify to get an International Passage Register.
The majority of the imports are going to be subjected to VAT and import duties. It is best to discuss this with the A1 Auto Transport service which will always be able to provide you with a quote. Of course, in order to get the quote, you will have to pick a shipping method. You have two options in front of you – Roll On/Roll Off and Container shipping.
Ro/Ro shipping is convenient if you need to get your car imported quickly and you have no other personal belongings to worry about. With this in mind, it’s worth noting that you can’t import anything else within it but the floor mats, car jack, spare tire and an extra set of keys. This is also why it’s the cheapest and fastest water-bound transportation method.
Container shipping on the other hand is appropriate if your vehicle is of greater value and if you have to import other belongings. You can choose between a 20ft and 40ft container and get it filled with everything you want as long as it’s legal in Oman. You can also contact the of the Sultanate of Oman Embassy in Washington, DC for any further information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory