Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Rostov-on-Don
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Being a port city as well as the administrative center of the Rostov Region, Rostov-on-Don is also the center of the Southern Federal District of the country of Russia.
It has its location in the East European Plain on the Don River, approximately 32 kilometers away from the Azov Sea.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Taxation and fees.
The truth is that registration of a vehicle in Russia is not as difficult as it could be in some other countries. Russia offers a chance for temporary registration for three months, which could be further extended for up to a year.
You should be informed that the import tax for getting a vehicle into Russia is approximately 25% of the value of the vehicle. You’d also be subjected to a VAT of 18%. There’s also an annual vehicle tax which is calculated with respect to the output of the engine. Basically, the more horsepower your car has, the higher the costs. You can see how the taxes are piling up.
Required Documentation for Export:
- Invoice for VAT or, if applicable, an exemption form.
- Bill of lading.
- Original title.
- Personal ID, Visa and Passport.
- Ownership proof.
- Conformity certificate.
- Certified documents of import issued from the customs.
The tax exempt vehicles are limited and the majority of privately owned vehicles won’t fall within the category. Basically these regulations are set forth for diplomats who have to show officially issued documents. You have to be present at the destination point to pick your car up as they won’t be holding it for you. You can also authorize someone to pick it for you. It is best to talk with A1 Auto Transport service when you need a vehicle shipped to Russia.
- You can go for the convenient RO/RO which would suggest that your vehicle is driven on and shipped with a special carrier but it is left exposed to the fury of the elements. That’s the cheapest way to go.
- Container shipping entails that your car is held within a privately owned container and you can also ship other personal belongings with it. You can also share the container if you want to cut some expenses.
- You can go for air shipping which is the best choice as it is safest and fastest. However, it’s also the most expensive.
Laws and regulations keep changing without notice and given the current political conditions in Russia, it is best to contact the Embassy of Russia before you actually ship your vehicle to Rostov-on-Don.