Rio Claro is currently the largest town in Trinidad. It is located east of Princes Town as well as West of Mayaro. It is the major commercial hub in the region and relies mainly on agriculture. It is also the seat of the Rio Claro-Mayaro Regional Corporation and offers employment opportunities to expatriates and citizens.
Regardless of whether you are a visitor or a returning citizen, if you intend staying in the city for long, having your own vehicle is particularly beneficial. With the amicable relationship between USA and Trinidad it’s not that difficult to adhere to the regulations. If you rely on A1 Auto Transport Service, the entire process will be even less challenging. We are going to make sure that the issues of working with the Trinidad Customs and Excise Division of are reduced to a minimum.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Once you’ve managed to submit the import permit applications, you have to compile all the documentation in order to make sure that the vehicle meets all of the eligibility standards set forth by Rio Claro. A1 Auto Transport is going to provide you with assistance in the matter so that there are no unnecessary delays in the process. You would have to provide the following documents:
- Proof of ownership – passport/driving license.
- Work or residence permit.
- Customs bond.
- Cash deposits receipts.
- License to import.
- Proof of staying abroad.
- Listed inventory of the vehicle.
You are going to have to submit those upon import of your vehicle to Trinidad and the Customs Authority is obligated to verify and to clear the documents before you can actually drive your vehicle in the city.
Vehicle Regulations in Trinidad.
There are a lot of regulations that you will have to abide by. You need to have owned the vehicle for at least year prior to the import. Apart from that, you have to:
- Pay all taxes, duties, and VAT.
- Be present when the vehicle arrives.
- You can’t sell the vehicle for the next 24 months.
- If you are a returning citizen you have to show proof for minimum 5 years of stay abroad.
- The import of the vehicle has to be done no more than 2 months after you get in Rio Claro.
- Container shipments have to be properly inspected.
The truth is that the procedure is going to take you quite a lot of time and it is essential that everything is done properly so that there aren’t any further delays.
If you need to get a free quote from our company, we would have to select the best shipping option for you. You can choose between Roll on/Roll off (RORO) as well as Container Shipping. You can also go for Air shipping but it’s very expensive. If you are on a tight budget then RORO is your obvious choice. You have to remove all personal items from your vehicle. It is important that the alarms are disabled, fuel is only quarter of the tank and air conditioning gas is completely removed. The car has to be cleaned from inside so that it is not quarantined. Though there are some limitations in Roll-on/Roll-Off shipping but it is the cheapest method to ship your vehicle overseas.
However, if you need to ship a more expensive vehicle or other personal goods, you should go for Container Shipping but it’s a bit more expensive. You have a choice of picking a 20 feet or 40 feet metal container and put your vehicle along with other goods and seal it.
You may like to contact the Trinidad and Tobago Consulate before you ship your vehicle from USA and get the latest updates.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?