The second largest city of Bahrain, Riffa has two zones namely the Eastern and Western Riffa. Although the transportation system has improved over the years between the two zones and inter-city, the authorities here have taken recent measures to expand the roadways, developing a well-maintained network. The bustling trade and global trade have put Bahrain on the commercial map of the world and expats in Riffa enjoy their personal vehicles. For those considering relocating to Riffa, importing vehicles from USA is easy. There is no requirement to pay any customs levies. Shipping is economical because of the presence of the well-developed and bustling Manama Port with frequent departures to and from USA.
Regulations regarding vehicle import from US
The Bahrain custom department laws are easy on imports but are strict about the documentation when shipping your vehicle to Riffa. Some of the paperwork and identification that you need to show includes:
- Ownership proof or the original title deed
- Insurance documents
- Lading bill
- Sales bill
Personal car imports from USA are completely exempt from the custom levies and other tariffs. However, cars over 8 years old are not allowed in Riffa or any other city in Bahrain. To ensure quick custom clearance, the paperwork and documentation on the vehicle needs to be complete. This will prevent costly delays at the port. Here is a quick list of the major documents that you need to carry:
- Customs declaration form
- Clearance certificate and Traffic Technical Inspection
- Export License plate verification
- Details of the vehicle as prepared by custom port
- Delivery order and identification card
- Insurance documents of the vehicle
- Bill of lading
- Custom clearance certificate
To reach Riffa, the car will be delivered at the Manama port, which is the most prominent port in Bahrain. Though there are different ways to ship your car, the two popular methods of freight shipping are:
- Roll on-Roll off: This is an extremely cost effective option and the car will roll onto the ship and driven off the ship. You will need to strip the car of personal belongings and it will be secured within the lower decks.
- Container shipping: Your vehicle is ensconced within the container and there is space for your personal goods that need to be moved to Riffa. The car is secured to reduce movement and minimize damage. Then the container is sealed and will be delivered at the Manama port. Under the purview of the Customs representative, only the owner or authorized representative will be delivered the container.
To ensure smooth import and Custom clearance to Riffa need to prepare the car for shipping and working with an ace global shipping service helps. And that is where A1 Auto Transport service steps in. We will help you walk through the process, get your documents in order and help get the car adhere to the shipping norms. You will need to remove personal belonging from inside the car, if you are using RORO shipping method. That only allows some gas, spare tire and jack to be left within the car, before allowing it to get on the ship. To stall delays, or quarantine at the Bahrain port, thorough cleaning of the car and upholstery is necessary. Get your vehicle checked for all the scratches and dents that it may have. Do not forget to get a certificate regarding the vehicle condition from the authorities as well.
To know more about the latest updates and regulation on import of vehicles, contact the Bahrain Embassy in U.S.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?