The city of Reynosa is located right on the border of the United States. It is the most populous and largest city in Tamaulipas. Reynosa continues to grow and is known as one of Mexico's fastest growing cities.
Whether you are going to Reynosa for employment, residency, study or any other reason that may require that you stay there for a long while, having your own vehicle will be very helpful. It will help you avoid even more language barriers and to travel freely. You will be able to travel at your own leisure throughout the city and its surroundings.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle Shipment Requirements for Mexico.
Requirements for vehicle shipment into Mexico are lenient and not nearly as strict as they can be anywhere else. Fortunately, it is easy to have a vehicle shipped over from the United States and below, you will find out exactly what is needed.
- Two of the following will be needed: License, Passport, Picture ID, Registered Voter's License, Visa, or Proof of Residency.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pediment- obtain from Mexican Customs.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Luxury vehicles, sports cars and convertibles are not permitted.
- The vehicle must be older than 5 years of age.
Contact the Embassy of Mexico for further details. The policies may also change at any time so it is in a vehicle owner's best interest to keep up to date. After knowing that you will be able to fulfill all of the requirements, decide on a method of vehicle shipment. If you select the RO/RO method, make sure that there is a port nearby that accepts this shipment method. Not all of them do.