The largest city and capital of the Iceland, Reykjavik is located on the shores of the scenic Faxaflói Bay. At 64°08′ N latitude, it is northernmost capital of any country in the world and makes a popular destination of tourists.
However, it is the center of economy and trade in the country and offers employment opportunities. If you are moving from USA temporarily or for an extended period, you will have to plan in advance as to how you have to transport your car here. It is best to hire the experienced services of A1 Auto Transport, an international auto shipping company. With over 20 years shipping vehicles globally, we can ship your vehicle to Reykjavik.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Regulations and laws pertaining to auto import.
To ship your vehicle here, it is crucial that you owned the vehicle for at least 6 months before shipping it to Iceland. And you need to be living in USA for a minimum of 12 months before you are allowed to ship it out to Reykjavik. As per Icelandic Custom regulations, it is against the laws for you to sell your car or allow anyone else to drive it after it is imported. If you plan to leave Reykjavik, you will have to take the vehicle back with you. Only after your passport and via have been authenticated, you are allowed to take the delivery of the vehicle.
We will work with you to ensure that the complete documentation is one as per Iceland’s Custom department requirements and it also meets the U.S Customs regulations. Both the country’s Customs Department need to verify and then export/import the vehicle. Any discrepancy can lead to unnecessary delays.
The Customs Departments require particular documentation to be submitted at least 7 days before the vehicle reaches the port. These include:
- Driving License of Iceland and of United States.
- International insurance on the car.
- Title deed in owner’s name.
- Registration certificate.
- Certificate Declaration of Duty Free Importation (optional)
- Residence visa/work Permit.
- Purchase invoice of the car.
- Fright shipping Invoice.
- Bill of Lading.
Requirements of transferring a car to Iceland.
To transfer your car to Iceland, it is important that the vehicle is registered in USA and you must have lived outside Iceland for not less than a year before import takes place. The time limit for importing the car is 30 days of less of being in Reykjavik. Before you export the vehicle from USA, transportation and port fees have to be cleared. Get a quote from our company so that you are clear about the break-up of the services offered. Additionally, the total cost will depend upon the method of shipping that you select. RORO and Container shipping is the best method.
However, if you just need to ship the vehicle only, choose RORO but if you have other goods to relocate along with the car; container shipping is safer and better option. However the prices vary so it is best to get the best deal when you hire A1 Auto Transport service. Discuss with us and we’ll make the international vehicle shipping extremely affordable. To get more details on the latest updates on import policies and regulations, contact the Embassy of Iceland today.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory