Rakvere is a city in Estonia which is located in the northern parts of the country approximately about 122 kilometers away from Helsinki. There are a lot of employment opportunities and as such the country attracts people from all over the world.
If you intend to relocate, you are definitely better off with having your own vehicle as you wouldn’t want to rely on the public transport and purchasing a new car is very expensive.
However, you might want to rely on a dependable shipping agency like the A1 Auto Transport Company as we have over 20 years worth of professional experience in international shipping. There are a lot of requirements that have to be met when you import any vehicles into Estonia that is part of the European Union.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Important Documents and Regulations.
The Customs Department of the US is going to require you to provide extensive paperwork before your vehicle can be exported. Some of the documents include:
- Purchase invoice.
- Bill of lading.
- Ownership proof.
- Insurance Policy.
- Clear title.
- Driving license and passport of the owner.
Furthermore, the Estonia Tax and Customs Board would require other certificates as the import laws are rather stringent. Some of the documents include:
- Customs declaration form which is available at the border office.
- Chassis and emission inspections.
- Modifications that are defined by the standards of the EU.
- List of damage if there was some.
There is a also an array of custom duties and taxes that you’d have to take care of within a week with the Estonian Road Administration once you get the clearance from the Customs Department.
Preparing the Car.
Once you’ve decided to get your car delivered to Estonia it is better if you duly prepare it for the process in order to ensure a hassle-free process. The steps include:
- Clean the vehicle inside and out in order to avoid quarantine.
- Remove all of your belongings.
- Get valid insurance.
- Inspect the car for damage and obtain a signed copy of the record that outlines them.
Typically, you can choose between two shipping methods with the A1 Auto Transport service. They include:
- RORO: The vehicle is going to be driven onto the freight ship and driven off to Estonia. This is a fast and cost effective way but you won’t have the luxury of shipping additional belongings. You can leave only the floor mats, spare keys and tire and your car jack.
- Container Shipping: This is more convenient if you want to get other items shipped with the car. You can choose between a 20ft and 40ft private container and you could also share it with another person to split the costs.
If you want to know more about the most up-to-date regulations contact the Embassy of Estonia in Washington, D.C.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory