Ra’s Bayrut is a suburban city of Beirut in Lebanon and due to the current instability, if you are moving here from USA, importing a vehicle could get rather expensive.
However, if you want to get it done properly you have to do a thorough research or hire the services of a reputable service like the A1 Auto Transport agency.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Importing your car to Lebanon.
There are a few options in front of you. You have to determine the staying period because if it’s less than 6 months you can have your car with you without paying taxes and duties. You can get in touch with the Embassy of Lebanon for any further details.
This is the Temporary export. However, if you want your car to remain in Lebanon for more than those 6 months, you need to follow the procedure for a permanent import. There is a VAT of 10% of the CIF value, which includes the cost of the vehicle, shipping and freight charges along with the price of the insurance. The import duty as well as excise duty will be levied, if it’s applicable. The documents that you have to provide are:
- Bill of Lading.
- Proof of ownership.
- Passport or other ID document.
- Purchase invoice.
The private individuals owe duty and taxes for importing goods. They are calculated based on the CIF value. There are also other taxes like the Sales Tax and the Excise tax. You have to pay “Single Custom Duty” which is based on a variety of things. If the car is worth 20 million LBP the duty would be around 5,000,000 LB. There is also a local consumption tax.
The value which is used in order to determine how much money you’d have to spend is based on the CIF so make sure that you have pertinent documents at any given time. Lebanon also does not allow vehicles older than 8 years to be imported and the current legislation wants to be changed to make that 5 years. There are two shipping methods for you to pick from and both are quite convenient.
- Container shipping has its perks because your car would be stored within your own container and you can fill it in with personal belongings. The car is also protected from the elements which is without a doubt something to stress on.
- Roll-on/Roll-off requires you or an authorized person to drive the car on a shipping deck which is on the giant freight ship. You’d also have to understand that this is the fastest way but container shipping reveals a lot of benefits.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory