Quetzaltenango is currently the second biggest city in Guatemala and it is the capital of the regional Quetzaltenango department and municipality. There is only one way to get a vehicle imported in Guatemala and that’s if you work with a reputable car shipping agency like ours.
This is due to the fact that A1 Auto Transport is going to have the required experience and it’s going to ensure that the process is hassle-free and overly smooth. In any case, you are going to be requested to provide the following information and documents:
- Driver’s License.
- Power of Attorney if someone else is going to pick up your car.
- Social Security Number.
- Model, year and make of the vehicle.
You should inform the agent if you are going to transfer your car by yourself or you want him to get it delivered to your doorstep. You’d also have to let them know if you intend to ship other belongings along with the car. The insurance is generally included in the conclusive quote but you want to make sure that the offered amount is adequate for your vehicle. Buying in additional marine insurance is also advisable.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping your car to Guatemala.
There are generally three ways for you to consider:
- Container shipping – this is particularly effective if you want to ship other personal belongings along with the car. You are going to be presented with a private container for you to place your car and other items in.
- RORO – this method is the cheapest and fastest marine one. However, you are going to be required to get your car on a shipping deck where it’d be fastened and secured but also exposed to the elements.
- Air Shipping – this is the best way to go but it’s going to cost you a lot more than the aforementioned methods. It’s, however, the fastest one.
Your shipping agent should provide you with enough information regarding all the shipping methods.
Regulations as per Guatemala Customs
You are going to be allowed one vehicle which is not more than 10 years old. You can also import classic cars, motorcycles and others. You can also import trucks which are no more than 13 years old. This rule is also applicable for diplomats. You are going to be required to fill out and present the following paperwork:
- Passport with stamp of Guatemala.
- Original Bill of lading and sale.
- Packing list if you go with container shipping.
- Commercial invoice of purchase.
- Inspection report.
- Title of vehicle.
- Registration of vehicle.
- Driver’s License.
- Exemption forms if they are applicable.
- Insurance policy valid in Guatemala.
If you are, by any chance, missing some of the documents you are going to have to pay $150 for a vehicle inspection. You’d have to provide a valid bill of lading which includes the VIN, chassis and engine numbers as well as the year, engine size, color, fuel type, make and model. You can also contact the Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, DC if you want to obtain more relevant information.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory