Deliver Your Car Stress Free
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Quetzaltenango
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers ready to serve
- RORO, container & air freight transport overseas
- BBB A+ rated award winning service, always on time
- Get an instant quote using our form, or call: 1-800-518-8708
Quetzaltenango is currently the second biggest city in Guatemala and it is the capital of the regional Quetzaltenango department and municipality. There is only one way to get a vehicle imported in Guatemala and that’s if you work with a reputable car shipping agency like ours.
This is due to the fact that A1 Auto Transport is going to have the required experience and it’s going to ensure that the process is hassle-free and overly smooth. In any case, you are going to be requested to provide the following information and documents:
- Driver’s License.
- Power of Attorney if someone else is going to pick up your car.
- Social Security Number.
- Model, year and make of the vehicle.
You should inform the agent if you are going to transfer your car by yourself or you want him to get it delivered to your doorstep. You’d also have to let them know if you intend to ship other belongings along with the car. The insurance is generally included in the conclusive quote but you want to make sure that the offered amount is adequate for your vehicle. Buying in additional marine insurance is also advisable.
Cost & Time Examples For Shipping a Car to Quetzaltenango
(New York port) to New York, NY
(California port) to Los Angeles
(New York port) to Boston, MA
(California port) to Portland, OR
|Phoenix, AZ to (California port)|
|Detroit, MI to (New York port)|
(New York port) to Atlanta, GA
|Denver, CO to (California port)|
|Memphis, TN to (New York port)|
(California port) to Dallas, TX
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the type of vehicle.
*Save the ground transport cost by delivering the vehicle to the nearest port.
*Allow an additional 10 days to process the documents.
*Prices are for 1 car in a dedicated 20ft container. This is the safest and most reliable way to transport a vehicle internationally. Other items may be included in the container to help save you money when moving.
*Using the RoRo (roll on, roll off) method is less expensive and shipments can be completed in fewer days. Contact us now for a free RoRo quote.
A-1 Auto Transport ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Shipping your car to Guatemala.
There are generally three ways for you to consider:
- Container shipping – this is particularly effective if you want to ship other personal belongings along with the car. You are going to be presented with a private container for you to place your car and other items in.
- RORO – this method is the cheapest and fastest marine one. However, you are going to be required to get your car on a shipping deck where it’d be fastened and secured but also exposed to the elements.
- Air Shipping – this is the best way to go but it’s going to cost you a lot more than the aforementioned methods. It’s, however, the fastest one.
Your shipping agent should provide you with enough information regarding all the shipping methods.
Regulations as per Guatemala Customs
You are going to be allowed one vehicle which is not more than 10 years old. You can also import classic cars, motorcycles and others. You can also import trucks which are no more than 13 years old. This rule is also applicable for diplomats. You are going to be required to fill out and present the following paperwork:
- Passport with stamp of Guatemala.
- Original Bill of lading and sale.
- Packing list if you go with container shipping.
- Commercial invoice of purchase.
- Inspection report.
- Title of vehicle.
- Registration of vehicle.
- Driver’s License.
- Exemption forms if they are applicable.
- Insurance policy valid in Guatemala.
If you are, by any chance, missing some of the documents you are going to have to pay $150 for a vehicle inspection. You’d have to provide a valid bill of lading which includes the VIN, chassis and engine numbers as well as the year, engine size, color, fuel type, make and model. You can also contact the Embassy of Guatemala in Washington, DC if you want to obtain more relevant information.