Quatre Bornes is situated in Plaines Wilhems District in Mauritius, situated in between the Vacoas-Phoenix city and Beau-Bassin Rose-Hill city. If you have work permit or intend spending more time in Quatre Bornes, you might want to have your vehicle with you to commute around the island nation.
The fact is that even after paying custom duties and other taxes; it is cheaper to import the vehicle than buying a new car in Mauritius.
When you have A1 Auto Transport service to cover the import procedures and handle the vehicle transit, things are smooth. Your vehicle will be shipped from USA to Port Louis as that caters to both Roll-on/Roll-Off and Container shipping.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Procedures and requirements.
To start with, importing a vehicle legally to Mauritius requires a lot of paperwork and the proof of ownership is checked before the U.S Customs and Border Protection allows the vehicle to leave the US shores. Additionally, these documents are checked by the Mauritius Revenue Services and only then the vehicle is cleared by the Customs. Some important documents include:
- Bill of Lading.
- Car title deed.
- Vehicle purchase invoice.
- Proof of ownership- passport, license and photo ID.
- Insurance on the vehicle.
- Import permit authorized by Ministry of Commerce and Cooperative.
This permit is needed if you are importing a used vehicle and the shipping service will file for it before the shipping starts. However, used vehicles that are imported into Mauritius have to be fairly new or less than 4 years old. You are required to submit Cancellation of Registration certificate before your vehicle can be registered in Mauritius.
When you are adding the costs for shipping, knowing how much the taxes are helps. You need to know that as per Mauritius laws, there is 15% VAT on all imported vehicles while the judgement of the import duty depends upon the engine capacity. For vehicles of 550cc, the duty is 15% but vehicles with higher engine capacity of 2000cc have to pay 100% import duty plus the VAT charges.
When you are looking to ship your vehicle to Quatre Bornes, you need to select the method of freight shipping. The two methods that you can select from are RORO and container shipping. If you ship by RORO, you will need to meet all provisions of the regulations which are:
- Steam clean the vehicle.
- Remove air conditioning gas.
- Quarter tank of fuel.
- Extra keys, floor mats and car jack to remain in the vehicle.
The car will be riven on the ship, chained in place to lower the movement and then driven down the ship at Port Louis in Mauritius.
But if you need to ship your personal items and household goods, along with the vehicle, you can choose container shipping. That is because all of this will fit within the large containers. It is also worth the price if you have a luxury vehicle that has to be transported. Talk with your shipping service and they will help you decide the best course of action. It is best to contact the Embassy of Mauritius to know more about new regulations and laws pertaining to it.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory