Qingdao is located in the eastern part of the Shandong Province, on China’s east coast. It is considered the largest city in the Shandong Province. It is a major seaport, a naval base, and the industrial center located in Qingdao.
You will also find Jiaozhou Bay Bridge, the world’s longest sea bridge located in Qingdao. This long bridge links Qingdao’s urban areas with the Huangdao district. Qingdao is also known for housing the Tsingtao Brewery which is the second largest brewery found in China.
If you want to live here, you will want the pleasure of bringing your own vehicle with you. The vehicle can be shipped to Qingdao and although this can be difficult to do, A1 Auto Transport Service can save you time and the hassle of trying to make sense of everything especially with the language barriers.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Ways to Ship your Vehicle to Qingdao.
When shipping from the United States to China, you will have four shipping methods to choose from Roll On/ Roll Off shipping and container shipping.
Container shipping – This type of shipping places a vehicle securely inside a container. While the vehicle is in the container, it is protected from the elements as well as collisions that could happen while the ship is traveling, while it rarely happens, the possibilities are still there. Once the containers are filled with your vehicle and everything else you plan to take with you, they are then loaded onto the ship and secured for the trip.
Roll On/ Roll Off shipping – With this method of shipping, a vehicle is driven up onto the carrier directly and then strapped down into place. Once the vehicle reaches the port in China, it is driven off. Because this method doesn’t require a lot of extra work or space, the cost of transporting using this method is kept down.
Preparing your Vehicle for Shipping.
Before your vehicle can be shipped, you will need to prepare it first. There are a few things that you must do in order to keep your vehicle on schedule, otherwise, it will be quarantined.
- Clean your vehicle inside and out very well. All dust and debris must be removed from the outside body of the vehicle and throughout the interior.
- Car alarms will need to be disabled in order to prevent the battery from being drained.
- Both the foot brakes and electronic breaks will need to be checked to ensure that they are functioning to the fullest compactly.
- The vehicle will need to be completely emptied of any belongings. You will only be able to leave your spare tire and jack inside the vehicle during import.
- Do not leave any ski racks, antennas, and other fixtures that can be detached during import. If they are removable, then remove them.
- Leave 1/4 tank of gas in the tank during transport.
It’s important to know the Chinese Customs Authority, as they dictate that you will need to be present in the city at the time of your car’s arrival so you can receive it. You will also need to bring the following documents with you when you come:
- Proof of the age of your vehicle.
- Importing Cargo Declaration.
- Proof of vehicle evaluation.
These documents are required and without them, you will not be allowed to enter into China with your vehicle.
Qingdao Customs Regulations.
You can find more about Qingdao’s customs policies and regulations by accessing them online. Some of the highlights of these regulations include:
When you ship a vehicle from the United States to China, you can expect to pay fees in the total of $2500.00 to $6,000.00 depending on what method of shipping you choose. It’s important that you check the Chinese import laws and taxes to pay before you begin the importing process.
- China started banning the import of vehicles that are used for personal use in 2010. Only new vehicles for personal use are accepted now.
- Customs taxes are calculated by the size of the engine. The percentage rate is less than 25%, however, it can be higher if your vehicle is considered a luxury vehicle.
- Any foreign companies that are established in China and any foreign experts are allowed to import without paying taxes.
- Jeeps are the only vehicle that accepts diesel fuels allowed in China
- Only left-handed vehicles are allowed in China.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory