Pune is a culturally beautiful city to move to. Pune is well known for manufacturing, automobiles and technology centers and is the capital city of Maharashtra, India. When you’re ready to relocate your vehicle, you will need to ensure that you have the proper paperwork filled out and all of the necessary documents to accommodate the relocation.
Motor Vehicle Regulations in Pune
Ensuring that you have the correct paperwork and documents is very important when shipping internationally, but you will also need to know the Motor Vehicle Regulations in Pune that are required for importing your vehicle. These are the required regulations:
- Import duties that total more than 100% of the vehicle value are due upon customs check when the vehicle reaches customs in Pune
- Must have Original Bill of Sale
- Vehicle must be within four years of date of manufacture
- Vehicle must be imported from the same country of manufacture
- All cars must have right-hand steering (if you have a U.S. vehicle, you will need to have modifications)
To be approved for importing your vehicle into the country, you will need to have the following documents:
- Car Title and Registration
- Driver’s License from your country of origin
- Bill of Sale (Original)
- Paperwork showing that you are the original owner of the vehicle
- Passport (Original)
- Third Party Auto Insurance Policy that is valid in India
To find out other documents that may be required for customs, you can contact the Embassy of India in Washington, DC for more information.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Before You Ship to Pune
Before you ship your vehicle you need to make sure that you have a total shipping quote from the transport agent that will detail the method of shipping you have chosen. You also need to make sure you have all paperwork and documents that will be required, and that the agent has explained what you will need to do to prepare your vehicle for shipping. The agent will also go over the different types of shipping available for the area that you are relocating the vehicle to, and the specifics on what you need to do to prepare your vehicle to be shipped as well as the cost of shipping and delivery if you need the vehicle to be picked up at your location or delivered when it reaches Pune. If you are going to need delivery to the shipping port in the U.S. your agent will take care of that. In Pune, you will need to be present when your car arrives and goes through customs. For more information on required customs paperwork and documents that you will need when shipping a vehicle to Pune, you can speak to your transport agent, or you can contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency.
Types of Shipping
Air Shipping- Shipping by air is the fastest way to have your vehicle shipped to Pune. Your vehicle is loaded onto a cargo plane and flown directly to the airport in Pune. Once there, you will have 15 days to pick it up and take it through the customs checkpoint.
Container Shipping– Your vehicle will be placed in a container and then loaded onto the cargo ship. Container shipping is a great service for those who may have personal items they need to have shipped along with their vehicle. People can also share a container with another person to help cut down on cost if someone else is shipping to the same location and from the same exit port.
Ro-Ro Shipping– Roll-On Roll-Off Shipping is the least expensive as well as the fastest way to transport vehicles internationally. Your vehicle is driven directly onto the carrier ship and secured in place and then driven off when it reaches the destination port. With Ro-Ro your vehicle will need to be emptied of all personal items and paperwork prior to shipping.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory