Pula is currently the largest city in the Istria County of Croatia. It has its location at the southern part of the peninsula. It’s famous for its unspoiled nature and its smooth sea. The area has a long and fruitful winemaking reputation as well as in tourism and shipbuilding.
If you’re planning to move your car there, you’d need to know that the price can be determining. The cars are not as expensive in the USA and this might be the better option. However, there are a few regulations, laws and requirements to comply prior with importing your car. The A-1 Auto Transport is an experienced agency which is capable of ensuring a smooth transit.
Croatia has a lot of ports as it’s located on the Adriatic Sea. They include Dubrovnik, Ploče, Zadar, Bakar and Split. You can also go for a land-based transportation through another country but it’s not worth it. There are weekly ships, departing from the USA and the transportation time is therefore rather short and very reasonable.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
You’d need to present the following documents:
- Sales contract.
- Homologation certificate.
- Original title.
- Bill of lading and of sale.
- Authorization from lien owner if needed.
If you are transporting a European car, you’d also need:
- EUR1 Certificate of origin.
- Statement from the supplier regarding the origin.
The homologation certificate is issued when the relevant inspections are through and they verify that your car complies with the regulations of the EU. Facilities offering this service can be found in Germany, Spain and within the USA so you have to take care of it in advance.
You can choose between:
- RORO (Roll on/Roll off)
- Container shipping
The RORO choice is usually more appealing as it’s cheaper. It is also simpler because your car would be driven on a shipping deck, secured and transported. Container shipping involves a private container which offers a significant amount of protection for your vehicle. Loading the car is left to specialized experts.
Prepare Your Vehicle.
Prior to shipping your car you have to make sure that you:
- Clean the car completely in order to avoid potential quarantines
- Leave only a quarter a tank of fuel
- Note all the dents and the scratches and get the report signed by the shipping agent
- Get insurance
- Remove all belongings
You’d going to have to pay import duties based on the value of your car. You would also have to obtain local registration if you are going to stay for more than three months.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?