The city of Puebla, Mexico is a mountainous region that consists of the Sierra Madre Oriental and the Trans-Mexican Volcanic Belt. There are three major rivers in the city and it is a desirable region due to all of it’s natural beauty and resources.
If you are going to Pueblo for residency or for an extended stay, consider having a vehicle shipped over. Shipping a vehicle to the country of Mexico from the United States is rather simple, as long as you follow the necessary requirements and provide the correct documentation.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
The Various Methods of Shipment.
The various methods of vehicle shipment will depend on what suits your needs and your budget best. There are several ways to ship a vehicle and the options are reliable and safe.
RO/RO shipping is the roll on, roll off method. This means that the vehicle must be driven onto and off of the ship. There can be nothing in the vehicle but a spare tire, floor mats and a car jack. This is the least expensive method of vehicle shipment. Not all ports accept this method of shipping so make sure that there is a port nearby that will allow for your vehicle to be shipped this way.
Container shipping require the vehicle to be put inside a large container aboard a ship. This method will allow you to pack other belongings inside of the vehicle as well as in the container itself. This method of shipment is a little more costly than that of the RO/RO method, yet it can be shared with another individual so that the cost can be split between the two. Make sure that all of the possessions being shipped are allowed by Mexican Customs.
Air shipping is another method that can be used to ship vehicles. However, this method is so costly that it might not be affordable. Many aren’t able to use this method due to its higher cost.
The Requirements for Vehicle Shipment to Puebla.
When it comes to the requirements and the documentation needed for vehicle shipment, you can find them below. Nonetheless, they are subject to change at any given time. Contact the Embassy of Mexico for up-to-date information in regards to vehicle shipment.
- The vehicle must be at least 5 years of age.
- The vehicle must be below a 10 passenger vehicle.
- The value of the automobile must not exceed $12,000.
- There must be a catalytic converter in the car.
- It has to have a gasoline engine.
- The vehicle must have been purchased in Canada or the U.S.
- Passport, License, Residency Card, Picture ID, Visa, Registered Voter’s License- two of these will be necessary.
- Original vehicle title and two copies.
- A Shippers Export Declaration (SED)- obtain from U.S. Customs.
- Pedimento- obtain from Mexican Customs.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory