Located in Southern Kosovo, Prizren is a city and municipality close to the Sar Mountains and shares its boundary with Macedonia and Albania. You might have different reasons to need your personal vehicle in Prizren but it will need a lot of documentation and adherence to Kosovo regulations. At A1 Auto Transport service, we understand the nuances of shipping to Kosovo and can be of assistance.
Kosovo is a landlocked country and that is why the vehicle will need to be shipped to Albanian port and then driven across to Kosovo. However, it is important to remember that before the vehicle reaches the Kosovo border, you need to have a third party insurance for your vehicle apart from being there personally to get the car cleared at the customs department. The average waiting time for the Kosovo Customs is about five days.
Essential documents for auto import
There are a number of documents that you need to submit to the Kosovo Customs department and the A1 Auto Transport service. These documents include:
- Car title deed
- Owner’s driving license
- Report on Value appraisal of the vehicle
- Purchase invoice
- Owner’s passport
Vehicle regulations in Kosovo
Additionally, there are other regulations that need to be met, including:
- cars older than 6 years cannot be imported to Prizren
- all vehicles have to pay the mandatory 11.5% custom duty and additional 16% tax depending on the depreciating value of the vehicle
Motor Vehicle Regulations in Kosovo
Kosovo travel and driving regulations differ as compared to US. There are vehicle regulations implemented by the government that all foreign drivers need to follow. These include:
- Carry driving license and passport
- Vehicle insurance documents
- Registration deed
- Vehicle has to be disinfected when it crosses borders to come into Kosovo
You will need your US driving license to drive in Prizren and it is only valid for 12 months or less. Thus, if you intend staying for a longer duration, you will need to get the local Kosovo driving license. Additionally, it is mandatory to use headlights and seat belts.
Although your vehicle cannot be shipped to Prizren directly as Kosovo is a landlocked country, you will need to select the freight shipping method. The most common and cost effective method is RORO as the car is driven on the freight ship at US port and driven off at the port of destination. If you are only transporting your car to Prizren, then this is the quickest way. However, if you have more goods to transport along with the car, then choose 20 feet or 40 feet enclosed container. The car is secured and the goods put in the same container for safe transit.
To know more about the shipping process and rules regulating the import of vehicles, contact the Embassy of the Republic of Kosovo in USA.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?