The fourth biggest Macedonian city, Prilep is known as the “city under Marko’s Towers”. A densely populated city, it has become a favored destination for tourism and employment. If you are moving to Macedonia for an extended period of time, as a returning citizen or are here on business, it is important to bring your vehicle with you.
Importing the car or any other vehicle is not as complex as you might be imagining because you have A1 Auto Transport to assist you with the logistics.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Vehicle regulations for import.
These are some specific regulations put forth by the Ministry of Transport and Communications of Macedonia; you need to adhere to it. These include, but are not limited to:
- International Driving license issued in USA.
- Have a valid and current passport.
- Lien-free title deed.
- License plates and Vehicle registration documents.
- Imperative to register the imported vehicle with the police in Prilep within 2 days of import.
- 5% or higher Macedonia Entry Tax based on the value of the vehicle.
These are some of the rules as per Macedonia Customs Administration that has to be followed while the additional documentation includes:
- Original vehicle purchase bill.
- The detailed itinerary on the vehicle- VIN, license tags, chassis number, engine capacity.
- original deed.
- Registration documents.
- Valid U.S driving license.
- Import license.
- Bill of Lading.
- Insurance certificate.
As there is no direct access to a sea port in Macedonia, your vehicle first reaches the shores at the Greek port of Thessaloniki and then A1 Auto Transport service will drive it across to Prilep.
Before the car is shipped out.
It is essential that you get a free quote from A1 Auto Transport service so that you are clear about the total cost of shipping the vehicle. It is important to ensure that the vehicle is completely empty of any personal items so that there is no chance of any damage to the vehicle during transit.
If you are using RORO transportation, it is essential that you clean the vehicle from the inside, remove the air conditioning gas and only leave a quarter tank of fuel. This is the cheapest method as you are only liable to pay for the parking space on the ship’s deck. The vehicle is driven on and off the ship, using its own set of wheels.
When you have to ship an expensive vehicle or household goods along with the vehicle, it is essential to ship your vehicle by container shipping. You have the option of selecting 20 feet or 40 feet containers, and after the vehicle and household goods are put inside, the container is sealed. That is why it is a more expensive method.
It is important to discuss the details with A1 Auto Transport service or get all the information from the Embassy of the Republic of Macedonia in Washington.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?