Prato is one of the largest cities in Italy with a population of more than 190,000 permanent residents. Many residents immigrate to the city each year from countries like China and the United States. With a large textile industry in the city, unemployment is low and people flock to the city for work. Once you’re living in the city you’re most likely going to need your own motor vehicle to easily navigate your daily outings to and from work or shopping. Rental cars are expensive and scarce in Prato and taxis will be very costly over time. Shipping your car from the United States to Prato can be accomplished easily with the services of a professional auto transport company. When you contact the shipper your customer service representative will be able to answer any questions you have and will be able to make suggestions and give you all of the information you will need to be able to ship your car overseas quickly, safely and affordably.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Professional Auto Transport Services.
Many people often wonder what a professional auto transport company can do to help when in need of shipping a car overseas. Sure, they can provide the transport carrier that your car will be loaded onto for the journey, but what else do they do when it comes to shipping the car? Your representative can offer great suggestions on the type of transport you should use for your car as well as valuable information that you will need for customs, motor vehicle regulations and much more for the city that you’re shipping the car to. The services provided by A1 Auto Transport exemplify the professionalism of the auto transport industry and working closely with your representative will help ensure that your car is shipped fast and affordably. If you need to have your car picked up and delivered to the exit port that will be taken care of at the time the delivery schedule is being made. Door to door pick-up and delivery makes shipping very convenient for you.
Types of Transport.
While you won’t be able to drive your car or travel overseas alongside of it, you will be able to choose from the best methods of transport in the automobile shipping industry for safe and dependable automobile shipping. The main types of automobile shipping are open or enclosed and these are the ways that you can choose from when shipping internationally:
- Roll On/Roll Off – Also called RORO for short, this method is a type of open automobile transport and hundreds of motor vehicles can be on one RORO ship at a time. The more cars scheduled for transport, the lower the price to the consumer. Cars are driven (rolled) on the ship for exit and then secured in place for travel, and then they are rolled (driven) off when the ship reaches the entry port in Prato, Italy. Most people use RORO when having a car shipped internationally as it is the fastest and least expensive form of transport by sea.
- Containerized – Containerized is a type of enclosed automobile shipping and each container can hold between one and two standard sized motor vehicles. As with RORO, cars are driven into the container for transport on a cargo ship and then driven out of the container when it reaches the port in Prato. While container shipping will cost more than RORO because you have to pay for the container usage, it is the best type of transport if you have a high end vehicle and need to make sure it is fully protected during travel by sea.
- Air Freight – Air freight is the fastest way to ship a motor vehicle internationally. Automobiles can easily be loaded onto a freight plane and flown directly to the cargo airport for delivery very fast. Air transport is also the most expensive way to ship a car but is the best way for those who have extremely expensive automobiles or those who may need their car in the least possible time.
Prato Motor Vehicle Rules.
When you import your car to Prato you must abide by the motor vehicle rules through customs for importation as well as through the Italian Government for vehicle registration laws. All cars, by law, must be registered in Italy and are required to have Italian license tags in order to be driven on the roadways. Failure to register your car can result in the authorities taking the car from your possession and possession and possibly exporting it back to the United States. You can check this website for detailed information on paperwork that is required when importing your car and registering it in Prato. All citizens of Prato are also required to pay taxes to the Italian Government. Temporary residents are not exempt from taxes and all residents must apply for and acquire a tax code number to use when paying taxes.
For further information your auto transport customer service representative will be able to direct you to all paperwork, tax and duty amounts and will answer all questions that you have concerning your automobile transport to Prato.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory