Port Vila is the biggest city and capital of Vanuatu. It is situated on the Efate Island and is the commercial center of the island nation. Regardless of the reason for your extended stay in Port Vila, it is important that you have your own vehicle when you are staying there. And what could be better than importing your own car here?
It is good to discuss the shipment details with A1 Auto Transport as they are the leading international shipping service and for the past 20 years have shipped thousands of vehicles all over the world.
Auto shipping to Port Vila.
There is some basic information that you need to be aware of before starting on the process of shipping your vehicle from USA. To start with, it is essential that the U.S Customs and Border Protection are notified and all documents pertaining to the export is submitted for clearances at least 72 hours in advance. This will prevent delays otherwise clearances may come in late. Being the largest port in Vanuatu, the vehicle will be shipped directly here so logistic support is easier.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation and Estimated costs.
It is quite affordable to ship your vehicle here. The duty tax is based on the freight charges, cost of the vehicle and the additional insurance on the vehicle. The size of the vehicle and the engine capacity are important considerations when the taxes are fixed. There are no excise taxes in Vanuatu while the other fixed levies and duties are 12.5% VAT on all imported vehicles. Considering the other factors, as per that of Vanuatu Customs & Inland Revenue the import duties include 15% for all vehicles with engine capacity below 1000cc while those with 1000cc to 1500cc have to pay 25% and there is a 40% duty on vehicles with 3000 cc engines. Additionally, the government does not allow right hand driven vehicles but special clearances are needed, if you are bringing in one.
With any import, there is accompanying documentation for verification and proof of ownership. For shipping your vehicle to Port Vila, here are the related documents:
- Bill of Lading.
- Name and address of the consignee.
- Description of vehicle, country of origin.
- Purchase invoice of the vehicle.
- Logbook of the car.
- Certificate on the evaluated value of the vehicle.
- Vehicle title deed and registration documents.
- Proof of ownership- passport/driving license.
It is best to discuss the total documentation, procedures and processes that need to be completed to ensure that the import is completely without any hassles. To get more details and information about shipping your vehicle internationally to Port Vila, contact the Embassy of Vanuatu without any delay.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- What Makes Us Better?