Port–Gentil is well known as the second largest city in Gabon. It is also the leading sea port for this country. This port is also the center of all the petroleum and timber industries around the area and lies close to Cape Lopez.
If you want to import your vehicle, you will need to check the rules and regulations first. It’s important that you turn in all your paperwork at least four weeks in advance to customs so your car can board the ship with no problem. When you fill out the paperwork and submit it, you will then need to wait for your application to be reviewed and approved before you can transport your vehicle. If you don’t turn in your paperwork within four weeks of the day you plan to ship out, you may be met with delays and complications.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-518-8708 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Documentation Required for Importing.
As per the rules laid down by the Gabon Revenue Authority, before your vehicle will be shipped, you must fill out the necessary paperwork. The import related taxes will be estimated at approximately 53.4% of all cost, freight, and insurance. You will need to provide the following information in order to complete the paperwork:
- Proof of ownership of the vehicle.
- Registration card that is current.
- Purchase invoicewith details about engine/chassis number, year, make and model of the vehicle you are importing .
- Receipt for any payments made for taxes.
- BIETC Number from the government authorities in Gabon.
You will have shipping options when you are filling out your paperwork for your import to Gabon. You will need to choose between Roll-On/Roll-Off method and container shipping. Your choice will depend on your budget as one is more expensive than the other.
RORO requires minimal amount of money. Your vehicle is driven onto the deck of the ship where it is fastened and secured inside of a bay. The weather will certainly be able to reach your vehicle as it will be exposed to all elements during the trip over. If you are just traveling around Gabon, you will most likely choose this method.
Container shipping has good points and bad. You can choose a twenty foot or a forty foot container. You will be able to load everything into one container from the car to the household items. Once the container is filled, your container will then be loaded onto the deck of the ship and secured for the duration of the trip. Since your vehicle is inside of an enclosed container, it will not be exposed to any weather elements. If you need any assistance, you will need to call the Embassy of Gabon for a full list of details.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory